Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Tappan Gas Stove Model Unknown

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reyanna71

reyanna71

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi,

I am renting an apartment and have a problem with the stove. Two weeks ago there was a smell of gas throughout my apt. I had the FD out and they said everything is ok. Few days later and still smelling that faint gas/sulfur-ish and had gas comany out they looked the stove over and again said all is ok what concerns me is the right burner is burning a yellowish glow and the top of the range is extremely hot and when i lifted up the stove top i saw it was melting the paint which could be contributing to whatever i am smelling....here is a link to show what i mean
http://www.appliance...ge_flames.shtml

Reading that article which I forwarded to my landlord says to discontinue use of unit until a licensed gas tech can look at it (not reg gas comp) my landlord says I have other burners use them. He is being difficult because I am moving out my lease is up. My concern for the rest of this month is my safety with burner flame that color and it seems to be too high and could be causing damage by melting the inside stove top and I am inhaling all that in. I am scared for the rest of my stay here as I also had a carbon monoxide issue with the furn a few months ago.

I tried calling the building dept and there is nothing they can do and I am afraid to use this stove.

My apologies from the link I posted my flame looks like C

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Shut gas supply off to range and discontinue use of Range for remainder of stay
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 reyanna71

reyanna71

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

I need to be able to cook/eat though.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

I need to be able to cook/eat though.

... not if you're dead :woot:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 reyanna71

reyanna71

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

the gas and fire dept said there is no carbon or gas coming from the stove.

#6 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hello, my olfactory-gifted friend. Speaking as a man blessed with four voluptuous wives, 17 children, 4 yaks and a goat all living in the same tent, I can tell you from experience that the female sense of smell is superior to that of the male's.

For example, we once had a leak in the gas pipe that leads from the underground tank that stores the camel dung and lime juice slurry that provides us electricity via my patented technology. One of our yaks is highly trained to detect such leaks and did not alert to this at all. For weeks, Abdullahmahoola insisted there was a leak. One day, one of my sons was digging a pit in the sand for his morning constitutional and it happend to be over the very spot where the gas pipe ran. There he saw the crack in the pipe union fitting! Not telling how much precious camel dung gas we lost in this fiasco! But Allah was merciful and kept us all safe.

So the moral of this story is that if you are smelling gas, then it is a near certainty that gas is indeed leaking, despite what the fire department infidels tell you.

Allahu Akbar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics