Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Front Loading Washer Model #41744102300 is Extremely Loud during final spin

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Theo

Theo

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dogfish Head Palo Santo

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

One of the shocks broke and during the final spin I believe a hole was put in the tub outer just above where the water drains out. It's a clean break and the hole measures 5mm wide by about 2cm long. Is there anyway to patch that hole or am I destined to buy a new front bulkhead as well as a shock.

Any idea why it chose to break tonight? The washer is six years old. It sounded like the load might have been somewhat unbalanced prior to the catastrophe. Let me know if a pic might help and I'll send one along.

Thanks in advance,
Theo

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

Shocks are a common failure on these Frigidaire washers. They have an upgraded design now. If you have the piece that broke out you can try some epoxy glue. If not you can come up with something to patch the hole. Whats with the metric system dude?:yucky: :down: The US gave up on teaching that when I was in grade school, around 1970.:D

#3 Theo

Theo

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

Thanks. Hopefully I can find the piece, but if not I may try some 2 part epoxy filler. I ordered the front bulkhead just in case I am unsuccessful in patching it.

Re: metric. Most of the calculations I do are in metric, so it's force of habit. I'll stick to English Units from now on. Funny thing is, event those Limeys use metric now. Go figure.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

Part link for the upgraded shock absorber kit ==> Shock Absorber

#5 Theo

Theo

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

I purchased it yesterday via the link on your page. Thanks for providing this valuable service. You da man!

#6 Theo

Theo

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Back again hoping to be shown the path to enlightenment.

So I replaced a broken shock on this model over the summer but that was not the problem. It turns out that the spider on the basket had corroded and failed catastrophically, causing the shock to break. Anyway, I replaced the basket and the rear tub about 9 months ago and everthing worked fine until recently. Now the washer is very loud during the final spin and I am not sure how to proceed. I have now put a total of $425 into the machine plus a lot of sweat equity. Should I give up and just buy a new one?

Since it's a stackable, I most likely will need to get a new dryer as well. The dryer is starting to eat laundry on the regular. I replaced the glides around the same time I fixed the washer and that solved the problem before, but now it's doing it again.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

http://fixitnow.com/...igh-speed-spin/

http://fixitnow.com/...etallic-misery/

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#8 Theo

Theo

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

-RegUS_PatOff

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately I don't think I was clear in my previous post or my terminology was wrong. I already replaced the inner drum assembly because two of the spider arms had coroded through and broken free from the hub. Everything was working great, but now the washer roars during the final spin. I suspect its a bad bearing. My question has more to do with when I should call it quits and just buy a new one.

I'm open to any advice you have on the matter.

Regards,
Theo .

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

are you using only HE detergent and sparingly ?
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=407639

Rear-Drum-with-Bearing-131525500-0114267

#10 Theo

Theo

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

We do.

I'm familiar with the part you suggest. That put's the grand total to nearly $700 in less than 1 yr. I'm starting to regret not buying new when the spider arms broke.

Thanks again.

#11 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

We do.

That put's the grand total to nearly $700 in less than 1 yr. I'm starting to regret not buying new when the spider arms broke.

Why i always quote a customer both the basket and rear tub so they see that they are better off getting a new machine

#12 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Kenmore 417....

built by Frigidaire
common problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics