Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MDBH940AWB dishwasher leaves, gook, food and crusty everywhere but all water drains?

dishwasher maytag mdbh940awb

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sixwalkersonco

sixwalkersonco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:red tail

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Can't wait for the landlord to try and fix this any longer. He won't replace.

Our Maytag MDBH940AWB leaves a bunch of gross slimy gunk and gook at the bottom of the washer. The dishes will be covered with white particles (I am use a liquid soap). The water drains out completly as far as we can see (no visable water is left in the machine).

The landlord has taken this appart before and it seems to be worse now. White strings/lumps are coming out of the spray arms and clogging them, I pull them out with tweezers each morning.

I would be willing to take this apart if I could find the correct schematic so I could put it back together. I have found many close model numbers on this forum but worry if it isn't the correct one I may be left with extra pieces.

It is attached to a air gap and garbage disposal. We are on city water and they claim we do not have hard water.

Suggestions on where to start first? How to get correct schematics?

I have googled the model number and haven't been successful. I have attached a couple of photos, please note we cleaned out the dishwaser insides last weekend. This is what is left after one week of using it.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

How long has this been going on ?
What brand of detergent are you using ?
Shouldn't have to take it apart.
Depending on what it is . . .
one cup of vinegar in the Wash cycle may help.

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 sixwalkersonco

sixwalkersonco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

We have been suffering through this for a least a year.

I have tried every single brand and type of dishwaing detergent. I have found several NOT to use by doing this. We have tried the vinegar trick, it helped clean it out but the problem persists.

we have to clean out the fins (for lack of better/proper terminology) a couple of time a week since they clogg with gunk and tiny food particles. The water seems to drain but anything bigger than water will not.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

The shaft extension on the motor shaft is most likely stripped out and you'll need to install the motor shaft seal and chopper kit ==> http://www.repaircli...6919539/1469683

You'll need to disassemble from the spray arm downward to get to it.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

... and remember, no matter what the salesman says,
it’s a dishwasher, not a garbage disposal.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 sixwalkersonco

sixwalkersonco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

This has been quite the adventure.

We took everything apart and we have found what we are calling barnacle's stuck to everything and clogging every nook and cranny. My son had to use the power washer to begin to remove the years and years and years and years of built up soap (aka barnacles). We have scrapped and scrubbed and power washed and now, Thanks to your diagram, we are putting everything back.

We will keep our fingers crossed (pray for no left over parts) and hope now that water can flow and the years of soap build up are off all the parts and the filter screens we can have clean dishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics