Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko W600 washer, rear of drum removal?

W600 drum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Genno

Genno

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Mountain Goat, Fat yak, any hairy animal really!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hi there,

recently came accross your most excellent forum after going one too many rounds of frustration with our Asko W600 washer.

Any forum that combines appliance repair with a love of beer and thing Nihon is alright by me!

Ok so to business. My 12 year old Asko w600 has been making a variety of scraping and screeching noises when it washes. So far have removed front panel, pump and main drain hose. The booty so far amounts to several coins, nails, staples, bits of wire, and lots of hair clips/pins (the last being the main culprit.)
I'm down to one noise which is a scraping/scratching when the drum rotates - removed the rear panel and it appears to be coming from under the round plate on the rear of the drum. There is a triangular plate in the middle of it, with one big bolt. (see picture)
My question is - if I undo this bolt, will it remove the cover plate or is it the key to total drum dissassembly? I'd like to know before I turn it!

Thanks in anticipation,'

Kampai!

Genno

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Genno

Genno

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Mountain Goat, Fat yak, any hairy animal really!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi there,

An update - I was investigating further, ended up taking the belt off the drum and then rotated it by hand - silence. So the last scraping noise must have been in the motor.
Funny thing is I put the belt back on and it was not doing it any more. Have just run a test load of washing after putting it all back together and I think it is sorted.

Whilst putting it all back together I noticed that a previous repair person had "fixed" the shaft of the main control knob with some sticky tape. Does anyone know an Australian source of Asko parts that will post to rural areas? I googled around a bit and found one place I could call in Sydney, but no one with online inventory - can anyone help me here?

I checked out Repair Clinic, but the notes say shipping to US only.

Thanks!

Thanks anyway!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: W600, drum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics