Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
NCARepair

LG WM2277HB washer LE error code

7 posts in this topic

A couple months ago i changed the hall sensor on this machine because of an LE error code. I installed the new version of the sensor. Friday the LE error code started again. I checked it as per the instructions posted by the samurai on another thread. The resistance readings are correct along with the votage at the hall sensor. The dc voltage pulses as the rotor is slowly turned. I suspect i have an issue with the wiring harness from the stator/hall sensor to the cabinet main harness. Does anybody know what the part number for this harness is?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<A couple months ago i changed the hall sensor on this machine because of an LE error code.>>>

Your washer or a customer's?

If it's a customer's washer---keep in mind that there are primarily 2 causes of an "LE" error.

1) Repeated overdose of "HE" detergent that eventually destroys the HALL EFFECT SENSOR on washers built prior to 2008
This type of failure causes a *permanent* "LE" error that cannot be erased/reset by unplugging the washer.

2) Overdose of "HE" type detergent (or owner is using non-HE laundry detergent) that triggers an "LE" error---but is able to be
erased/reset when the washer has been unplugged/plugged.
The new HALL EFFECT SENSOR will *not* become damaged (burned resistor) from incorrect detergent type or amount.

Advise the customer to use the following dosage:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Washload

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

If you suspect a "break" in the wire harness which runs from the HALL EFFECT SENSOR to the plug at the back/rear of the washer---simple remove the harness (small 4 wire harness less than 20 inches length) and check the continuity of each wire while moving/flexing the wire harness at the spot where the WIRE TIE / NYLON TIE was attached.
If a break is found---repair the wire and re-install. Leave some slack (wire loom) for the tub gyration that occurs during the spin cycle.

It is a customers machine. I think they are ok with the detergent. I did find some fluxuatins while ohming out the stator wire portion of the wiring harness using a digital meter. Do you know what the part number for the wire harness is? I believe the LG service manual describes it as an "unstable" connection.

Thanks

<<<I believe the LG service manual describes it as an "unstable" connection.>>>

Korean translation of: "loose wire" or "broken wire".

AKA -

Wackelkontakt

Thanks everyone. I'll report back after installing the harness.