Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Uline under-counter; Model # 2075RF

uline temperature too warm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bartleby

bartleby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lagunitas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

I will try to provide all the relevant information - hopefully someone can help me solve this problem. I bought this unit brand new about 2 years ago. It is a Uline under-counter fridge/freezer combo unit - model #2075RF. I bought it because I live in a very small apartment and have limited space in the kitchen. Also, it is the only under-counter fridge/freezer unit on the market (to my knowledge) that includes a frost-free freezer, which is a necessary feature in my book. This unit worked fine up until about 2 months ago or so. At that point I noticed that the freezer compartment temperature began to fluctuate (you could tell that things had gotten warm and then refroze). Then, the main refrigerator compartment gradually began to get warmer as well. I started doing research online to try to trouble shoot the problem. In the course of researching this, I realized that I had not been paying attention to cleaning the air-intake/exhaust area underneath the unit where the condenser fins are. I looked under there and saw that there was a pretty decent amount of dust/lint collected and built up on the intakes and fins. I vacuumed all of that up and waited to see if the temperature would normalize. There was no change - instead, the unit seemed to be getting warmer (about 38° in the freezer and about 55° in the main compartment). I did some more research and saw a recommendation that the unit be emptied and turned off for 24 hours to allow it to reset. I did this (a real pain!) and then plugged the unit back in the next day. The temps in the freezer and main compartment gradually began to chill down to normal range over the course of several hours (confirmed by use of a thermometer) - about 10° or so in the freezer and around 40° or so in the main compartment. I breathed a sigh of relief and went about my business - hoping that the problems were behind me. Sadly, after about 10 days or so the rising temperature syndrome began to recur. I tried dialing down the thermostat and this worked for a while, but eventually the temps continued to climb. With little choice available, I emptied out the fridge contents into a cooler and did the 24 hour reset again. Once again, temps in the unit after resetting dropped back to the normal range...only to start getting warmer again after about 10 days or so. Needless to say, this situation isn't acceptable and I need to come up with a permanent fix. If anyone can offer a diagnosis based on the description provided above, I would really appreciate it..many thanks! PDF of owners manual for this unit can be found here: http://www.u-line.co...ed/30-10007.pdf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

The problem you describe sounds like poor airflow in the freezer and or a failure to defrost issue.

#3 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Locate the defrost timer and turn it clockwise while checking for power at this valve.
http://www.repaircli...elNumber=2075RF

#4 bartleby

bartleby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the quick response Kohai. yikes..so i have to take unit apart I guess. I have no idea whatsoever where the "defrost timer "would be located. There is a panel in the back of the freezer compartment - where the fan is - I wonder if the defrost timer would be located there. Once I locate the defrost timer, you suggest "turning it clockwise" - if I turn it clockwise, what should it do? would I turn it clockwise while the power is on? I guess you're saying turn it clockwise while checking for power with a voltmeter...correct? if defrost timer is not turning on then presumably the unit is not defrosting properly so frost is building up in the back (behind panel) and it is eventually impacting cooling process of the entire unit (thus resulting in gradual temp rise)

#5 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

The defrost timer looks like this.
http://www.repaircli...elNumber=2075RF
and is probably inside the back cavity near the compressor.
The reversing valve will be near the compressor also.
Put your meter leads on the valve terminals,turn the timer while looking for voltage at the valve terminals.

#6 bartleby

bartleby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Ok - thanks again. Not sure when I will be able to get this done..will get back with my findings as soon as I have a chance. In the meantime, I just got through another 24 hour reset so unit should be functional for next few days at least. I gather defrost timer and/or the solenoid may just have burned out or something. Seems pretty flimsy in the dependability department..but may be my not having properly cleaned condenser intake/fins had something to do with it.

#7 woftam

woftam

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:red wine

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Defrost timer is in front bottom of unit behind grill.
There is a huge difference between 10 years experience and one years experience ten times over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uline, temperature, too warm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics