Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher paykel gwl10u2 washer stops and beeps constantly before rinse cycle

Fisher paykel Washer Gwl10u2 Beeps Stops before rinse

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gramasue

Gramasue

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Yuck

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

My FP washer, which is about 10 years old, has been a dream until yesterday. All of a sudden, it stopped before the rinse cycle and beeps until I open the lid. It won't start back up until I power off and then on again. What could be the problem? Any help will be most appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

The "rinse" phase of the cycle consists of several different functions ... drain the wash water, spin the clothes, spray water to flush them while spinning, spin more. If using the default shower rinse, there are a couple periods of slow rotation with a saturation spray. If using the Softener Rinse, there's a deep-fill agitated rinse.

What pattern of lights is on the panel while it's beeping ... which lights are steady and which are flashing, if any?

My initial guess is a problem with either the diverter valve or the pump. The diverter controls to where water goes when the pump runs ... either back into the tub through the recirculation port, or out the drain hose. If the diverter is clogged or broken/malfunctioning, then water may recirculate when it supposed to be draining (i.e. at start of the rinse phase). The controller board will detect that the water level in the tub not dropping when it should be draining and trigger an error code. The pump of course must run for the water to drain.

If the machine is 10 years old and has the original pump, you also *need* to look under the machine at the pump for evidence of leaking (rust or mineral deposits on the pump) ... even if you're not seeing water leaking on the floor. A slow leak/drip keeping the pump wet over time can cause it to short-out and kill the controller board. A replacement pump is not so expensive ... compared to a pump + a controller board.

#3 smithy24365

smithy24365

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey with pipe full of sweet Virgina

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hi folks , I am having the same problem. When in diagnosis mode the blinking lights pattern ? is 00110000 then 00101111 it flashes this back and forth five times then slight pause and then starts over again . I have tried to figure this out by looking at manuals but it just makes no sence to me any help please.
The cause and solution of all my problems begins and ends with a bigger hammer.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

47. (00101111) Phase 2 and 3 - Bowl Dis-engage Fault
While carrying out a bowl check, the Motor Control Module has found that the bowl is not engaged
even though the pressure sensor indicates that the bowl is empty.
The Motor Control Module continues to check for 2 minutes.
During this time the module has not been able to determine a valid bowl status and so displays this fault.
This fault differs from fault 40 in that a valid bowl status could not be determined.
The first two areas to check are the clutch and the pressure tube.
If these two appear correct, then the fault could be with the pressure sensor in the Motor Control Module.

Primary Source: Mechanical.
Action: 1. Check that there are no clothes or other foreign objects preventing the clutch from reengaging.
2. Next check that the pressure tube has not come off and that it is not kinked.

Secondary Source: Motor Control Module.
Action: Replace Motor Control Module, if the above checks out without fault.

48. (00110000) Phase 2 to 6 - Hot and Cold Valve Faulty
The Motor Control Module has measured voltages from the valve diagnostic circuit that indicate
both the hot and cold valves are faulty.
The most likely cause is that the valve harnesses have not been connected correctly or the valve is open circuit.

Primary Source: Wiring.
Action: Check the valve harnesses are correctly fastened to the valves or the pins are not bent backwards.

Secondary Source: Water Valves.
Action: Check the valve coils are not faulty (open circuit).

Tertiary Source: Motor Control Module.
Action: Replace the Motor Control Module.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 smithy24365

smithy24365

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

after dissasebly it apears the clutch is sticky ... cleaned off dirt and crud but the baskett may have water trapped inside ?? is this unit doomed or normal for a 2002 model ?

#6 smithy24365

smithy24365

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the help RegUS_PatOff :)
RegUS_PatOff

#7 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

DO NOT try to drain the "trapped" water. It's supposed to be in there ... water-filled balance rings at top and bottom. Drilling holes to drain the rings will destroy the basket.

#8 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

DO NOT try to drain the "trapped" water. It's supposed to be in there ... water-filled balance rings at top and bottom. Drilling holes to drain the rings will destroy the basket.

lol, yeh the bowl leaked water inside so i drilled some holes and drained it out

lmao , well that sir is why your machine doesnt work , its supposed to have water in there

havent met one of those guys lately but it must be due again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fisher paykel, Washer, Gwl10u2, Beeps, Stops before rinse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics