Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourlee

lg wm2501HWA front load washer counterweight came off

3 posts in this topic

I bought a LG true stream front load washer (model wm2501HWA) two years ago. About six months ago it make a lot of rumbleing noise when at spinning cycle. It turns out the counterweight on the top side of the drum slided out of the mounting post. I remounted the counterweight and seems fixed the noise problem until now. I just checked and is the same counterweight came off the post problem. Is there anyway to permanently mount the counterweight so it would not slide out?

Thanks,

Fourlee

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A rare occurrence.

Wrap electrical tape around each mounting bolt---5 times---at the end of the thread near the bolt head (not near the bolt tip).

Re-install the bolts with---either a powerful drill or socket set (10mm)

The electrical tape should help expand the TUB WEIGHT studs---slightly---for better retention.

2 people like this

Thanks for the advice. It turns out the four stubs was stripped and not able to screw all the way. With the electrical tape on the bolts. I was able to screw them all the way into the stub. Now the stubs are expands like the bottom counterweight mounting studs.

It works fine for now. If this come off again, I will try to use poxy glue to glue them down for good.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0