Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Replaced microwave door handle; now it doesn't work!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Abbyqueue

Abbyqueue

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hi all! I bought a microwave from Craigslist. It's an over the range Frigidaire model. Installed it and worked great, but had a broken handle. We replaced the handle a few weeks ago by pulling off the door frame and all that, so now the handle is fixed but now the microwave doesn't work. When I put in a time to cook and hit Start, the light comes on and the timer begins countdown but the actual motor/fan/whathaveyou doesn't come on. Did we damage something when replacing the handle?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi Abby. One of you door latches might be out of allignment. There should be 2 of them. If they don't engage the microswitches inside the oven when the door closes the microwave won't work properly. The microswitches are safety's so the microwave can't run with the door open.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,870 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

And that model number is...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics