Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE JBP26OF3WH slide-in electric range/oven gets very hot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sanzan

sanzan

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Morning Grump Coffee

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

My range top gets extremely hot when any burner is on. Front gets hot, and when oven is on, same thing in that area. It's a slide-in overn and was good quality at the time, I am told. Purchased 1940s house about 15 years ago, and was told kitchen remodeled within the last 5-10 years. This appliance ws made ion Lexington, KY, which I took as a good sign.

Never used the self-clean because of existing heat issue. I just use a plastic scraper, and baking soda with water. Is it time to replace this thing, for safety? I know current GEs are not USA made. Or, is there a way to replace or put in insulation to keep a decent oven?

Thanks,

Sandy
Sandy in Savannah

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics