Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SHE55M05UC Not Draining - can't access drain pump

bosch dishwasher bosch dishwasher drain bosch dishwasher drain pump

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dwieder

dwieder

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yesterday my Bosch Dishwasher SHE55M05UC /50 stopped draining. Seemed to make an unusual noise on and off for a few days leading up to the problem.

Looking for suggestions on how to diagnose the problem - any tests I can run?

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Probably something jammed in the drain pump or a bad pump motor. Remove the bottom panel, drain pump is on the left hand side. Remove the wires from the pump and the drain hose from the pump. Pump unsnapping bayonet style, there's a lock tab you need to hold down on the pump ring while you turn it to remove it. Tight fit under there. Dark, too. Use a flashlight so you can see what you're doing.

Bail the water from the basin before you remove the pump!

Part link to your drain pump ==> http://www.repaircli.../642239/1387293

#3 dwieder

dwieder

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

I purchased a new drain pump for my
Bosch SHE55M05UC, I cannot figure out how to access the pump. I removed the toe kick but can still not get to the pump, please help. The instructions I received were incomplete. Also if anyone has the diagnostic codes for this model I'd appreciate sharing

Attached Files

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

I find removing the outer door panel is helpful...remove the 6 screws, 3 left,3 right on the inner door edges.
Next spot the galvanized strip above the sump access...it has a plastic wire channel attached to it and a screw holding it on either end. Remove the screws and have a helper hold it up out of your way, no need to detach the wire channel.
The only other thing in the way is a corrogated plastic hose slipped into a hole in the sump...simply pull it out and move it to the side.
This should give you enuff room to get at the small plastic release tab and twist the pump out of its position.
Hope this helps!
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Topics merged. Please do not start multiple topics for the same problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bosch dishwasher, bosch, dishwasher, drain, bosch, dishwasher, drain, pump

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Tips for replacing the drain pump in a Bosch dishwasher

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 17 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Part link for the drain pump ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump-and-Motor/642239/1387293

Academy Fellow Kurtius expertly guides us in this repair kata:

I find removing the outer door...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics