Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
allowingtoo

PSS26SGPA GE died Company Coming Today! OMG

37 posts in this topic

"Bridge this break by soldering a jumper...."

I JUST put this back on the refrigerator and I was going to say I didn't think it worked because of the little piece of copper missing on the circuit board......

I kept wondering if I could solder a little piece of copper foil on there :)

So now I'm Googling Jumper Wire and wondering if I have any.....

Thank you for your help Samurai Appliance Repair Man.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hey - I think - it worked. I'm not sure, but there's more lights inside the front then there was before.

Crossing my fingers!

Knock on wood.

Thank you wise ones!

I'll post back in the morning.....

Samurai - you post while I'm working. Unfortunately I am #4. And it's all back together. Will the house burn down tonight? I put it flat to the board - well, as flat as I could get it.

I kept telling DH I need an insulated wire and he said just use this....I couldn't figure out how to get a black piece of tape on something that small.

Look at you! Bridging and everything! I am sure your job is fine, especially for temporary.

I couldn't do it without the help of the Appliance Forum. I swear, ya'll have talked me through stuff that I never thought I could do.

It's already cooled down from 68 to 45.

You couldn't give me an Appliance Repair job for love or money though. I can't believe people do this for money! It's very frustrating! Those little doo-dads that you have to pry apart and then have to remember where they go back together.

Really - my DH is just is AWE though :) He can't do it at all.

I bow to you guys.

Well done, my fine young Apprentice! You have snatched the pebble from my hand. It would do an old Samurai's heart good to see photos of your repair job.

Spoke too soon :(

I'll pull it apart and see what it looks like this morning in a little while.

Well there was nothing obviously wrong with the old board. It didn't short out again or anything. (no burned spots) I kept getting on the control panel that it was going into defrost mode though on the repaired board. I guess I didn't solder it right or something. The temp went up to 68 on both sides. (DH was looking at the wrong side when I posted the earlier temp) I installed the new board and it has already made a new batch of ice. The temp is still not down to the minimum level but it will take a while - I have it on Turbo Cool for now. I know Turbo Cool does not work for the freezer but the temp dropped quickly for the freezer.

Spring breakers are going home tomorrow :)

What are the odds are something like this happening? The fridge going out the day company arrives? I'm not going down to buy that lottery ticket or going to Vegas.

Thanks again to B.M.F. & Samurai

Same situation... can I jump in on this thread?

Fan is running, board appears clean from the top side, but no cooling. I really hate this fridge!

First 2 letters of the serial are FG.

... First 2 letters of the serial are FG.

March 2004

not included in recall