Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag SxS Model PSD262LHEW Water Dispenser slow

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 appliancejack

appliancejack

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Light

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hello, having problem with real slow water coming into cup at the dispenser. It starts out quick and dies down just as fast as it started.
I checked water valve and it works fine and even tried another water valve and it does the same thing. I ran a piece of weed eater wire through the tubing can't seem to fine any blockages. Any Ideas on this matter?

Thank you!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

How's the Water Filter ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Self tapping water valves will cause less water pressure.

#4 appliancejack

appliancejack

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

he said he just replaced water filter not long ago, also he is getting great water pressure to the icemaker. This is when I pull the line off the feed tube to the icemaker and shoot the water into cup. I also get great pressure to the cup directly from the wall valve for the refrigerator.

Edited by jwlowe, 23 March 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

How's the Water Filter ?

#6 appliancejack

appliancejack

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm not sure what a good looking water filter looks like. Can you pull it out and reinstall it or is it best to get another even though one has recently been installed? I was just told the filter has been change twice.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

How long ago was the filter last changed?

Was it an OEM filter?

Is it installed correctly?

Have you removed / reinstalled the filter yourself to ensure that it's seated properly and locked in all the way?

#8 Derik

Derik

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coors light

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Have you checked for pinched waterline under freezer door??? And is the holding tank in freshfood side leakinging or froze possibly????

#9 appliancejack

appliancejack

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Ok, Slow water depenser update. The man has now replaced 3 filters in the refrigerator. He replaced one while i was there. We still get fast water distribution for about 2 to 3 seconds and then it get real slow. I notice when the old filter was taken out that it had pressure built up between filter and filter housung that filter screws onto. It is suppose to make a swoosh sould when you remove the filter? The next thing I saw is that he had a Kenmore filter 46 9006 in the refrigerator that he said the man from sears give him to replace the old one. Now, on the Sears website it indicates a Maytag filter # UKF 8001 replacement filter. If i'm correct there is no longer a Maytag company and their owned by Whirlpool. Can this filter he has bought really be the problem. Is there anyway I can by-pass the filter through the water valve to check it at the dispenser for water pressure then.

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

... Kenmore filter 46 9006
... Maytag filter # UKF 8001

those are equivalent
OR
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=915426

Water-Filter-Bypass-Plug-12664501-007324

#11 asteysn2

asteysn2

Asteysn2

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle, Watneys, Stone's IPA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Pressure buildup and the flow is great for a second or two then down to dribble. Analogy: Voltage is good but current is limited. Last time I saw the same situation (oh, Joni Mitchell...), the lady had choked up lines in the house and I proved it by showing the same results from the valve at the wall. Youre sure you have good flow from your wall valve? If you do, theres a major restriction (NOT blockage) in that box somewhere.
Robert Sankey
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
email: coastalserve@gmail.com

#12 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

The filter head assembly could be bad. Usually I try to hook the main water supply line straight to the valve bypassing the filter. I have no idea what this model looks like right offhand.

#13 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,717 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Also, make sure there is no trapped air in the line, especially in the reservoir. Purge the system by running a gallon or more of water if you can. Your fridge may just need a good burp.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 04 April 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#14 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no time, work and go to school 24-7. when i do, anything cold.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

If its a saddle type/self piercing valve to the supply line I'd open the hole a little larger(always a problem).

make sure the water reservoir tubing isnt pinched or collapsed and under the freezer door.

you can also test the water from the valve by removing the line that goes to the fill valve to the reservoir and seeing if it dies off(possible weak solenoid) if all checks out there bypass the filter(then test it)

Bring a handful of quick connect fittings 1/4 inch and 5/16 with you in case you have to cut any lines.

I always recommend a NICE inline filter before the fridge and tell the customer not to replace the filter on the inside as much(either double or triple the recommended change time. saves them money in the long run and filters water before the valve helping it the valve and other components last longer)

Edited by benzonaruckus, 05 April 2012 - 12:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics