Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Stack Laundry LSE9904ACE - Washer and Dryer Will Not Start

Showing 1E on Washer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ritz

Ritz

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Maytag Stack Laundry LSE9904ACE Washer and Dryer Will Not Start

It's looks like the washer is giving a 1E error (is it an error code?)

I was able to start the washer once, started to fill then had manually shut valves off at the wall as it was going no stop filling. After I unplugged the unit the valves shut themselves off so the valve is not bad.

The dryer will not start on any heated cycles - it makes an attempt to start - like a thump thump - however the non heat cycle start the dryer just fine.

This unit looks old and has a pretty sophisticated wiring system....hoping there is help out there

Many thanks!

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

... dryer will not start on any heated cycles - it makes an attempt to start - like a thump thump - however the non heat cycle start the dryer just fine.

doesn't make much sense, unless the Neutral line is disconnected
or L1, L2, and Neutral isn't wired right
120v, 120v, 240v
... has this machine worked OK up till now at this location ?

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,905 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

From an older post by Maytag master, Trying to help:

The board is looking for first an open circuit and then a closed. You can verify the wires up to the board are good by jumping the two wires at the switch and having all the board connectors on. If the circuit is good, running it like this should produce a 1E which indicates shorted lid lock circuit. If you do, then you know the wires in the circuit all the way up to the board through all the connectors has to be good because it is reading the closed circuit.

Part number: AP4026767

Part number: AP4026767

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics