Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

hslibrn

Kenmore 80 Series Washer

5 posts in this topic

Hey -- I have a Kenmore 80 series I just bought in January. It was working fine but one day it just started vibrating really bad. I check that it was level the case and bucket. But I mean the thing dances. We had the service guy come and he basically said for us not to use half the settings on the thing and it was better for awhile but now it is even worse than before. Any suggestions about what could be causing this? Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=510]hslibrn[/user] wrote:

Hey -- I have a Kenmore 80 series I just bought in January.

Did you buy it new?  If  so, you have a year warranty, call for warranty service.  Telling you not to use features on the washer is unacceptable and I hope you didn't pay anything to doofus who came out to your house.  If they can't repair it, have them replace it.  Document everything.  [glow=red]Raise Hell![/glow]

Hey -- I got the extended service agreement. They keep saying that because the washer is not on a concrete slab that it is going to vibrate. I'm like vibrate, yes -- dance into the next room, no. They are scheduled to come out again Friday. I've also heard that a piece of 3/4 plywood screwed to the floor underneath the washer and dryer will help -- that true? Thanks!

Wood floors can be a problem for these washers. It's super-critical that the washer's footings are set properly. In many cases, stiffening the floor with a 3/4" plywood pad underneath the washer greatly attenuates the problem.

Still, you describe an evolution in the problem where the shaking became much more severe.

Good deal. I'll give the plywood a try too and double check the leveling. BUT I still intend to have the Sears guy come out Friday -- I just feel like one of the springs has sprung or something. Thanks for all your help! Love your website!!!