Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

i tunes/ipad/ipod

new login id

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tommytech

tommytech

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:guiness

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

got a new ipod touch and ipod 3. the music ive bought for previously from i tunes -i was using a different computer and email address. i cant seem to login to my new ipod or pad because old email address still pops up. if i login under a new email address on a different computer, will i be able to acess my music on new devices? what the hell is" cloud"
anyway?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Apple uses a single username and password for everything — iTunes, the Apple Online store, iCloud, the Apple support website, etc. etc.

That’s called an Apple ID. The music you buy is linked to your Apple ID. You’ll need to use the same Apple ID on your new computer.

Since you now have a new email address, you need to change the email address associated with your Apple ID.

You can make changes to your Apple ID account at this link.

If you want to find out what iCloud is, I suggest you look at Apple's web page titled “What is iCloud?

After reading that, if you have questions about iCloud, I’ll do my best to help you.

By the way, your new iPod touch should have come with iOS 5 (or maybe even 5.1). One of the new features in iOS 5 is the ability to do wireless syncing. So if you have a Wi-Fi network, you can sync your iPod touch without plugging it in to your computer.

Edited by steveklein, 23 March 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

#3 tommytech

tommytech

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:guiness

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

thank you steve

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Free

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Appl eis such a pian in the ass. They really hack me off. But some of their little gadgets are quaint. We had similar problems with Apple and their retarded way of doing things when we got my daughter an iPod touch for Christmas. She already had an iPod and i have an iPad, and Apple didn't want to recognise the new Touch.

We got it solved but just damn. People who brag about how apple and their os is "better" just really have no clue............

#5 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

People who brag about how apple and their os is "better" just really have no clue............

Which OS are you talking about? iOS? Or OS X?

If you were trying to get your new iPod touch to work in Windows, well, that's not necessarily a problem with Apple's OS.
Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Free

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

Which OS are you talking about? iOS? Or OS X?

If you were trying to get your new iPod touch to work in Windows, well, that's not necessarily a problem with Apple's OS.

ANY Apple OS. It's just an OS. No better or worse than any other. Also where in my post did you glean ANY information that would lead you to suspect I was trying to get the Ipod to work with windows? I quite clearly stated IN ENGLISH that APPLE didn't want to recognise the new devise. Not Windows, not Linux, not the guy down the street APPLE.

Typical damn apple syncophant............

#7 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Also where in my post did you glean ANY information that would lead you to suspect I was trying to get the Ipod to work with windows? I quite clearly stated IN ENGLISH that APPLE didn't want to recognise the new devise.

Your message was ambiguous. You wrote, "Apple didn't want to recognise the new Touch." Apple is the name of the company, but it is not the name of any computers or software made by that company.

Faced with that ambiguity, I was left to guess if you were referring to Apple software running on Windows, or Apple software running on a Mac. Since Windows PCs outnumber Macs by roughly 10-to-1, I went with the odds.

I put it to you, sir, that there's no way anyone could have known to which you were referring, based on the way you phrased your answer.

Typical damn apple syncophant.........

Assuming you meant 'sycophant' I admit to being puzzled by your epithet. Do you really think I'm acting obsequiously? Because that's what sycophant means.

This link, which only works on computers running OS X, shows you the definition of sycophant.

Edited by steveklein, 10 June 2012 - 12:56 PM.

Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

#8 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

ANY Apple OS. It's just an OS. No better or worse than any other. Also where in my post did you glean ANY information that would lead you to suspect I was trying to get the Ipod to work with windows? I quite clearly stated IN ENGLISH that APPLE didn't want to recognise the new devise. Not Windows, not Linux, not the guy down the street APPLE.

Typical damn apple syncophant............

No reason to get mad at Steve, he's just trying help.

#9 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ha, just saw how long ago this was. Holy old post batman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics