Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Rotary

Frigidaire Gallery Model FSE447GHS0 Stackable Dryer - Will not turn on

33 posts in this topic

It tells us we have no clue why your dryer was hot when it was off...LOL...if the element was not grounded and the motor switch/clutch is working ok, I do not know what else it could have been, except for something else grounded that is not so now.  Or you got the motor switch/clutch assy cleared of anything causing it to stick? Replace the fuse, put the dryer back together and watch it carefully.  Untill you are sure it will not do this again I would unplug it when not in use or away from the home at least...if it does it again and the elment is not grounded suspect the motor is the problem....good job I might add, we appreciate people like you that make it so easy to help and have a good sense of humor....and be sure your dryer vent to the outside is clear, this will make the fuse open bacause the dryer will over heat if the air flow is blocked.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Heh...no idea huh? Well, I'm new to this so I don't feel too awful :)

I cleaned the centrifigul switch so that may have helped.

What WORRIES me a LOT...while on the site, I've been perusing...the vent is a vinyl,corrugated hose. It leads up into the attic and then out the side of the house up top...

I know I need to replace that. But the distance is LONG, straight up. If I replace with metal pipe, can I follow the same pathway? Going down would be into the crawlspace I think and then another hole out the bottom side of the house, if I can even get under there. (Dryer is on an inside wall, not an outside wall...go figure!)

Ralf

Hummmm, sounds like your vent might have caused all of these problems....I would sure see about making sure it is clear and making it shorter and horizontal at least...

I did raead the vent guide. Scared me silly! I can't make it horizontal lower down. Its got a fairly long horizontal piece already. Blech!

This weekend, I'll have to fix that, along with the valve cover gaskets and the mirror frame I have to build after I remodel the bathroom...glad I took leave from work :)

ON another note, what was that washing machine recommended by Master Samurai that is fairly simple, no electronics, about $1200 though. I couldn't find the reference on the site anymore.

The Staber   ???

Thank you, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)