Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
tomdon

What is wattage of GE oven?

10 posts in this topic

I looked at the specification of the electric GE Range, JBP23DRWW, I just saw the wattages of 4 coil elements (2 of 6", 1500W each and 2 of 8", 2600W each). What is wattage of the oven?

Thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Most bake Elements around 2500 W and Broil around 3000W, wattage rating stamped on Elements - Why do you ask,2 dogs ?

Note that these ratings are with an assumed applied voltage of 240 - if you have commercial power (apt builging) wattage will be approx 75 percent as voltage is only 208-212

I have the old Genn Air cook top, with 7kw, and would like to replace it with the coil range. I just look the wattage only, and dont know the power supply voltage or breaker AMP yet. This is just the researching. So far, it's not enough power for the coil range.

Do you have any advise, suggestion or other option? Please.

Thanks

For a freesranding range, you require 40 Amp Breakers with 8 Guage wire. (copper) - You would likely need to run new branch wiring/change breakers

Thank you so much.

I still have a question. 2 of 6" coil with 1500w each = 3000w, 2 of 8" coil with 2600w each = 5200w, and a broil 3000w. The total is 11200w if they all work at same time. 11200w/208 should be 54Amp right? Why you suggested 40Amp. Please explain me some hinding number.

Thank you. 

These are RATED wattages not actual running wattages.

Most ranges with every element on will pull about 35 amps.

At 208 Volts, wattage would be considerably less (75%) - there would not be any circumstance that would see all of the elements in the range operating at the same time.

Bake & Broil do not operate at the same time..

If needed, they alternate Bake & Broil

Great, thank you so much for your supports.