Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Washer dryer combo of doom

washer dryer frigidaire fex831cso Parts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Old Sarge

Old Sarge

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tsing Tao

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

This aint my first rodeo with this beast and I was desperately hoping that the troubleshooting would lead to some really expensive major parts. The dryer drum always came loose and beat the heck out of the machine and woke the neighbors. We live next to a graveyard! Finally fixed that going extreme with a few sizes larger sheet metal screws holding the drum to the drive bearing assembly and anointing them liberally with low strength lock-tite. I am glad I kept my temper in check and did not purchase the high strength stuff, I knew I would be taking this beast apart again!
The bearing assembly that the allows the drum to rotate was so nasty cleaning and a lube job seemed futile. I am not sure if that stuff I was pulling out of it was some combo of lint and grease that hardened over time or if it was parts of the plastic base. The belt has seen better days. total for parts through fixitnow.com was less than 43 dollars and easy to find on the parts list. Delivery in 2 days!
Problem solved, or at least awaiting reassembly. So why am I posting if I need no assistance? So others might learn. I did it right this time, went through the wonderful repair clinic for parts. Expirience has taught me I cannot get it cheaper or faster anywhere else. My local places can order it for me, charge me more and I gotta make a trip 20 miles outa my way to pick it up and it takes longer, much longer if the local parts place does not call me as soon as it comes in. I am the worlds cheapest man, if you could do better going elsewhere I would know it! On earlier repair I wasted hours shopping online and phoning local parts places. Finally accepting I get great parts at a great price right to my door right where I go for my advice and assistance made this the my first repair without a futile attempt to get it cheaper of faster. Don't suffer like used to, just use the link and buy yer parts.

Edited by Old Sarge, 27 March 2012 - 06:24 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ten Commandments for Reading Appliance Model Numbers :)

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Old Sarge

Old Sarge

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

Did I bone the model number? It led to exact duplicates (photos at least, hope to see 3 demensional copies of the same tomorrow) of the tired and worn goodies in my hands.
Another lesson from the cheap side, you can go broke saving money. I got a years apprenticeship a while back and now regret it. Was it a bum deal? No, I was just blessed with more than 12 months of freedom from appliance grief. Rest assured however, if you have ever fixed an appliance of your own or someone elses,even if you resisted the urge to brag about your newfound skills and money saved, you will be found out. You now exude a pheramone that desperate owners of unrully machines can sense. YOU WILL BE CALLED UPON TO COMUNE WITH APPLIANCES AGAIN!!! I did not need any of the appreticeship benifits this time but I am sure I will again later. When I need it next and part with some hard earned cash I am spending a little more to get a lot more and springing for the lifetime membership. Here's the facts, you will find it usefull some day, it may not be in the next twelve months, Samurai Appliance Repair Man is a great resource and if he is not supported by apprenticeship and parts purchases (I repeat, you will not get them cheaper or faster) well, this website gotta take some time and cash to keep running. Support it or loose it.
So, todays lesson summed up. The apprenticeship is a good deal, I needed it once got it for a year and wish I had done the lifetime, next time I need access to the increased help and resources of the apprenticehip I go lifetime. Save some cash and learn from my mistake and go lifetime from the start, you are gonna end up needing it again.Still next time this particular appliance messes up I am telling my pal it needs a supersonic self contained elctra adjusteriod and it costs about $110 more than a new washer dryer combo, I hate this machine!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,617 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Mucho domos for the glowing testimonials, Sarge! There's some profound wisdom in your posts, too. I love this pearl, "You can go broke saving money." That's priceless!

Here's some more advice on stack laundry units (with a little help from the Oz Man):

#5 Old Sarge

Old Sarge

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

YES! I have learned to hate the stack! This unit belongs to my wife's veterinary partnership and I cringe ever time one of them call and ask me what I am doing Saturday. I feel more depressed every time I successfully repair it, knowing I have only ensured I will have to do so again in the NEAR future. Next time it breaks I am showing them this clip and asking them to try to find the cash for a set of industrial grade machines, they do enough uniform and doggie blanket washing to need the bomb proof stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: washer, dryer, frigidaire, fex831cso, Parts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics