Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
stylgc

Clicking GE GDS20SSBSS

3 posts in this topic

Hi-

Posted this 2 years ago but I am still trying to resolve this.

original post I mentioed:loud clicking that happened 2+ times a day for approx. an hour each time. The fridge was keeping cool. within 3 days the clicking became non-stop and then the fridge stopped cooling. I removed the back panel and noticed the clicking was originating from the mainboard.

I replaced my clicking GE-wr55x10416 mainboard with a new wr55x10942 board>nothing.followed all instructions to cut certain wires-verified all connections-nothing.

Tried contacting GE canada and mentioned the richard zutterman letter to issue new mainboard for this fridge-does not apply to canada.

I repalced the relay on the original wr55x10416 mainboard and the board is still making a loud clicking-no compressor start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A clicking control board is a bad control board.

A clicking control board is a bad control board.

Muthaboard clicking.

Fridge warming up; jumptrout rule:

Clicky means icky.

Muthaboard part link ==> http://www.repaircli...5X10942/1531075