Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barkster

How to Test Control Panel on Jenn-air W256B #Y04100040

10 posts in this topic

looks like our touchpad for our W256B double oven when out, whit the touchpad plugged in it beeps like crazy and display is constantly changing. I've put an ohm meter across ribbon cable and don't see any continuity on any of the buttons. How do I test this touchpad. I'd buy a new one if anyone still had them but looks like they quit making them in 2009. Thanks

Here is the part in question http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/Y04100040/1242474

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

this similar key-matrix may be yours

pagefrom16010312.jpg

2 people like this

Thanks for the reply, mine has 12 pads. So essentially I should be able to put ohm meter across 10 and 3 and press upper bake and should show continuity correct?

Up to 1000 ohms I believe!

1 person likes this

Up to 1000 ohms I believe!

correct, but I don't think that diagram will work for your model ..

I can't seem to find one any other one .. yet

yeah I've put ohm meter across one pad then pushed button and then touched to each other pad and didn't get anything. I don't think my touchpad is out completely cause some buttons work I just think one is stuck because it is always trying to set timer.

just a reminder,

need to set OHM meter high than 200 OHMs

2 people like this

thanks, I'll check again

yeah I've put ohm meter across one pad then pushed button and then touched to each other pad and didn't get anything.

... you'd then have to "put ohm meter across the" second pad then push button and then touch all remaining pads, etc, etc, etc
2 people like this

... you'd then have to "put ohm meter across the" second pad then push button and then touch all remaining pads, etc, etc, etc

yeah I tried that and didn't get a reading from any of the buttons which seemed odd because some of them still work. I tried 200ohm and higher with no luck. No biggie, thanks for the help

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0