Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rwfisher

Asko 20004 washer door glass replacement

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone offer insight on how to remove the door glass from the door frame on an Asko 20004? Whatever gasket holds the door glass in the metal door frame has given way, and the door leaks between the glass and frame....

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I found door glass as a separate item (part no. 8061685)...but my glass is intact, I suspect the seal is no longer good (you can rotate the glass within the metal frame). Was hoping to pull the glass and seat the glass into a bead of urethane or silicone.

Was hoping to pull the glass and seat the glass into a bead of urethane or silicone.

It appears that Asko was hoping you would buy the complete door assembly. In this case, it may have more to do with liability from catastrophic leaks than from trying to up sell you a more expensive part.

Ah-so! What are a few liters of water spewing out from the front of the machine among friends? :D

It appears that Asko was hoping you would buy the complete door assembly. In this case, it may have more to do with liability from catastrophic leaks than from trying to up sell you a more expensive part.

Was looking at the complete door assembly again on repairclinic.com (part 8801106) and notice that it appears to come with a new hinge assembly. Considering I just replaced the *(&*(# hinge assembly, I don't suppose there's a part number that's just the door itself?

I note that there is a "service kit front door black" part number 8801106-26 in the spare parts catalog for the 20005 model....

....but it looks like the door seal is discontinued. Great.

Anyone know if a WM200 can be retrofitted with a newer model door and door seal?

Edited by rwfisher