Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Honeywell Chronotherm III, T8600D1111, furnace/AC, clicking twice, won't turn off

sbdivemaster

sbdivemaster

Hi, I have an old Honeywell Chronotherm III, T8600D1111. This morning, while the heat was on, the tstat would reach temperature, then click twice real fast, and the air keeps blowing. I tried lowering the heat set point, but it still clicks twice and keeps running. I'm pretty sure the tstat is shot, and I think a replacement is in order. I have found a few places that say to go to the Honeywell VisonPRO 8000, but I don't know which model is the direct replacement.

Would the Honeywell TH8110U1003 be the correct one?

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by sbdivemaster

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sbdivemaster

• jumptrout

• kdog

Top Posters In This Topic

sbdivemaster

For a upgrade programmable stat,that one is fine.

Arigato, Jumptrout Senpai.

Would any of the other Honeywell tstats also work? E.g. TH6110D1005 FocusPRO, TH4110D1007 PRO 5-2, or any of the others listed here:

http://www.honeywell...ogrammable.html

We don't need anything really fancy, but I do like the ability to set different temperatures for different parts of the day - Wake up, away, home, sleep, etc. We don't live in an area where we would need heating and cooling on the same day, but I do like the adaptive recovery feature. I just don't know much about all the bells and whistles found on various thermostats...

Edited by sbdivemaster

They will all work.

My personal preference has nothing to do with programmable.

Too old fashioned.

I will adjust it myself.

Gives me something to do in my off time.

Edited by jumptrout

Agreed - what could be better than - look if I just turn this dial to a temperature thats comfortable, the furnace will come on as needed to keep the area warm enough - what more could I want !

sbdivemaster

Thank you again, Jumptrout Senpai. And thank you, Kdog Poop Daddy. I like the programmable for the summer time, so when we are not at home the AC will run at a higher temp, but cool down before we get home. When it's 100°+ (much of the summer), it really does help keep the electric bill down.

sbdivemaster

OK Got the Honeywell Pro4000 tstat - blower still going. :mad:

So, I fugured out that there is a LED blinking a code...

Starting new thread.

You can continue here.

What code?

Sounds like a stuck fan relay to me.

sbdivemaster

I thought it better to start a new thread, as it was a different problem than what I started this thread for.

I did manage to fix the problem, and the new thread is here: