Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ironbrewer

Fisher paykel IWL16 Washer - high suds problem

15 posts in this topic

I have a

Fisher Paykel

IWL16

Washing machine

3 years old

That has a high suds alarm every time we use it. We have tried running it with no detergent and still get it. I'm wondering if it is a sensor or some easy fix I can do. We have been using it for 3 years and have not changed detergents or changed amounts we use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... running it with no detergent and still get it.

are there still suds visible ?

No suds are visible.

Ok I just tried to run it again with no detergent and got a fault code. It did the following

1 eco active

2 sensing water level

3 Sensing fabric type

4 started agitating 48 min

5 Rinse 1 at about 36 min

6 got down to 7 minutes and then reverted to rinse 1 38 min

Then it started beeping and gave me a fault code 37.

Thanks for any help

37 Pump blocked

Figured out the code. Its a blocked or non working pump. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it tommorrow.

A blocked pump code doesn't necessarily mean the pump is the problem. The machine does not monitor the pump directly, but rather indirectly by way of whether the water level sensor indicates the water is draining (water level goes down) when it's supposed to be draining. A bad or clogged recirculation valve can cause the problem by getting stuck in recirculation mode, which will prevent draining even if the pump is perfectly fine.

Check your drain line for obstructions. I put a unit back into service that was displaying a similar issue by opening the drain line and watching a dime fall out.

Ok I pulled out the pump. It was rotating easily, but was clogged with junk. I cleaned it out. The unit is going to rinse 1 and staying there. It soulnds like there is water flowing for the rinse. After quite a while the unit said high suds again. There were some suds still there, but not a lot. any ideas. It is not full of water after the high suds alarm, so I believe the pump is now working.

Ok I just tried to run it again with no detergent and got a fault code. It did the following

1 eco active

2 sensing water level

3 Sensing fabric type

4 started agitating 48 min

5 Rinse 1 at about 36 min

6 got down to 7 minutes and then reverted to rinse 1 38 min

Then it started beeping and gave me a fault code 37.

Thanks for any help

Ok I ran it again with no soap and it still ended up saying that the suds were high. There were no suds.

Any ideas??

Everybody loves error code 37 because its easy, but the high suds with no suds seems a bit tougher.

As the crickets chirp.

I've *never* had an oversuds situation on my GWL08 or IWL12 so am not knowing (have not directly observed) how oversudsing is detected.

Suggestions: Pull the inner basket and make sure the tub opening to the pressure dome is not clogged. Clean any debris/residue from the drive shaft and cog, make sure the basket moves freely up/down on the drive shaft to engage and disengage the cog.

I've *never* had an oversuds situation on my GWL08 or IWL12 so am not knowing (have not directly observed) how oversudsing is detected.

Suggestions: Pull the inner basket and make sure the tub opening to the pressure dome is not clogged. Clean any debris/residue from the drive shaft and cog, make sure the basket moves freely up/down on the drive shaft to engage and disengage the cog.

How do you pull the inner basket??

Thanks

I found the problem. Even though it said high suds and not error37, I still kept pulling hoses. It ended up being the outlet hose of the pump was clogged. I found a penny and some lint. It seems to be working fine now.

Domo for posting what you found, ironbrewer! :)