Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

whitestroke

Monogram ZISS420DRCS side by side built-in Frig, FF at 42 deg.

36 posts in this topic

Good catch Ivasquez, I missed his statement regarding problems with the customer climate board. This board (and there is a fan as well) could be causing mainboard failures.

Screenshot_2014-07-19-15-09-49_zpslpipye

Edited by DurhamAppliance
1 person likes this

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There are pictures of Evap frost pattern from when I first attempted to fix defrost problem 2 years ago here>

http://appliantology.org/topic/37379-monogram-ziss420drcs-side-by-side-built-in-frig-ff-at-42-deg/#entry231518

I've been manually defrosting ever since.

I've ordered 4 new thermistors and a new motherboard.

Both (comp. & evap.) fans seem to work fine.  Should I replace them both or wait till I have a new motherboard? :rolleyes:  

I will disconnect climate control board. That is J4 on motherboard, correct? This is all I need to do to take it out of the equation? :rolleyes:  

follow the procedure in the flow chart beginning with the step  after "no display or lights." 

Disconnecting J4 at motherboard won't eliminate this as a problem?

Replacing Climate Control Board is not only expensive, it's also out off stock.

Qc Mullion Asm 42

by GE
Part Number AP4380258

Our Price $440.39
  • Out Of Stock
  • Ships Usually ships within 5 - 6 days

Do you know what long term effect unplugging that connector will have? Is it possible to unplug the custom climate yet keep its thermistor active thereby not affecting board operations? The j4 connector does not house the climate control fan connections, could there be a short in the fan connection causing an issure at j2....who knows?

You have been dealing with this issue for a while now and if I am understanding you correctly, you are asking if you can avoid following the manufacturer's procedure which may or may not provide us some clues as to what is happening and instead do a shortcut?

I merged this topic with your topic of 2 years ago.

2 years ago I questioned you regarding your evap thermistor readings. To this date you haven't changed that thermistor???

I will do whatever and take as long as is needed to assist on a repair. That is until I feel like I am wasting my time. That feeling is rapidly approaching.

2 people like this

CONTROL POSITION 37-0 °F and

AMBIENT TEMPERATURE OF 70 °F 90 °F

Fresh Food, °F ....................... 35–39 .............. 37–48

Frozen Food, °F ..................... (-4)–4 .............. (-4)–4

Percent Running Time............. 60 .................... 80

J5  on brd controls  chill / defrost heater / damper /thermistor for custom chill section 

I took everything apart to get at the evaporator thermistor. Cut out that thermistor and all others 5 total. They all seemed to be within 10% of each other. I decided to replace all thermistors, main board, climate control drawer board, defrost heater and heater cut-off. (1K of parts).  Frig has been working properly for a month now. I'm thinking the  climate control drawer board which had not been working (no led lights coming on) was blowing out the main board which I had replaced twice and frig was still icing over at the evaporator. Or maybe the frig. will not work without the climate control drawer board working properly. Anyway I'm keeping fingers crossed frig. continues to work properly.

Opps,  also replaced the evaporator fan. 

Maybe it was just the evaporator thermistor. Who knows?

Just glad it's working and now have all new electronics.

More than likely... thermistor tolerance is only 5% but glad you got it working!