Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ROPER, mod#RS22AQXMQ00, side by side fridge/freezer, ice dispenser wont dispense

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dialout

dialout

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RUM...

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Greetings helpfull do it your selfers, I have returned for more advice. You guys helped me fix the ice maker on this fridge in the past, but the dispenser has stopped working now.

On the door control pannel the light works, the water works, but the ice buttons do not do anything. I can toggle them between crushed, and cube, and nothing happens when I push the lever in.

forgive my horible spelling.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Derik

Derik

Sōhei

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coors light

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Does auger motor run and if not have u checked for voltage when doorswitch is closed and dispenser arm pushed in??? You might also want to check the switches that are activated when cup pushes against dispenser arm???to remove cover on front of freezer door I believe you lift top part of trim piece up till you can get a finger behind it and gently pull towards you and push it down at same time!!!

Edited by Derik, 03 April 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,369 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

You may have a switch problem, sometimes the motor can freeze up or seize due to oxidation, sometimes the motor coupling is stripped( very common) and sometimes the ice bucket auger is broken . So Watson, the game is afoot and weze gots some diagnosing to do. Remove ice from bucket Then, while pressing the light switch on the door (fooling the fridge that the door is closed,) engage the Ice dispenser. Is the auger in the bucket trying to turn? Do you hear the motor running? If yes to either of these, remove bucket and examine auger...if it's broken, replace auger/bucket. If you hear the motor turning but the auger is not turning or not turning with sufficient force to move ice, remove bucket and examine the u shaped motor coupling on the back wall of freezer. If the motor is turning but the coupling isn't turning or not turning with sufficient force ie spinning freely on the spindle, replace coupling.. If none of these appear to be the problem and you don't hear motor engaging, try turning the coupling by hand. if it doesn't turn with some force, you may have a seized motor. Try forcing it (breaking any oxidation or freeing it from icing)...i think it is a clockwise rotation. If it turns with some exertion, then check for voltage at motor. If receiving voltage and motor will not turn when engaged despite your assistance (thawing, application of foodsafe oil etc) replace motor. If no voltage to motor, access dispenser and check switch, connections and lever.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 04 April 2012 - 10:27 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics