Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
john

icemaker overfills

7 posts in this topic

Kitchenaid Refrigerator Model KSRS25QDWH01.  Icemaker quit working. I turned off the refrigeration to the freezer (after moving the food, of course).  Upon warming, the gearing began moving and the thing kicked out a row of cubes. :?     The water supply then filled the tray...and KEPT filling until it overflowed.  Then stopped.   :shock:   I tried adjusting the fill level control, ccw and cw, to no avail.  Is the fill valve and/or solenoid cracking up?

Thanks,

John

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the module fill adjustment is no longer responsive, you need to either replace the module or the entire icemaker.

Thank you for the quick reply. Will double check the module fill adjustment. One more question: Is there a way to make the harvest cycle happen? I thought I'd read somewhere about using a jumper wire to make the cycle proceed.  Thanks.

[user=513]john[/user] wrote:

Is there a way to make the harvest cycle happen?

Yep.

Please to confirm. Jump the "T" and "N" terminals?

Since the photo I linked you to was confusing, let me give it to you in Morse Code so it's abundantly clear:

[user=513]john[/user] wrote:

Kitchenaid Refrigerator Model KSRS25QDWH01.  Icemaker quit working. I turned off the refrigeration to the freezer (after moving the food, of course).  Upon warming, the gearing began moving and the thing kicked out a row of cubes. :?     The water supply then filled the tray...and KEPT filling until it overflowed.  Then stopped.   :shock:   I tried adjusting the fill level control, ccw and cw, to no avail.  Is the fill valve and/or solenoid cracking up?

Thanks,

John

Save yourself alot of trouble and replace the whole ice maker and the water valve,(with some ice cube trays):D