Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

split55

Whirlpool Duet Washer Error code F5 E2

20 posts in this topic

I have a whirlpool duet clothe washing machine that the door will not lock. I turn the machine on select a cycle(does not matter which one) and hit the start button. The machine makes a buzz/clicking sound not the door latching sound. Does this 3 or 4 times then the buzzer sounds with an error code F5 E2. Then Door Lock led turns red but the door is not locked.

Model number is WFW9250WW00

I have checked the temperature sensor it read 15k at about 70 degrees.

Help but nothing is working.

-Pete

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Need door lock assembly!!!

replaced it already. not the problem. Just replaced the door baffle. thinking that the new baffle might be thicker than old baffle.

Ment to say thanks for the suggestion

Is the catch on door broken??? F5 e2 is door lock problem!! Did u change baffle then have error afterwards???

Check connections on door lock assembly

Baffle ripped last year. part was out of stock. Got part and put it in over weekend. issue started after new baffle. Catch is not broken. door closes with same sound and feel as before replacement of baffle.

Kdog. Put in the doorlock mechanism but not a catch. Unit still does not lock. That is what I thought it was so ordered new one and it still does not work.

While you was in there working, you have knocked a wire off, creating der Wackelkontakt

Thought that. Unplugged and replugged everything. I know just a bit about electrical wiring. I own a British car and seem to have a lifetime supply of Lucas Smoke.

Will repeat as sometimes this helps.

OK. Repeated wire check. Same results. Removed catch put it in switch and pushed switch in. Same results.

Might wanna check continuity of all wires between doorlock and CCU

UNCLE. Going to call the local service guy and pay the stupidity charge.

If you are absolutely certain that the wiring to the lock is ok and all the harnesses plugged in correctly (not loose or backwards) - then it only leaves the CCU - the link you posted describes somebody disassembling CCU and repairing the board - local service guy is likely to replace CCU

Thanks KDog. going to look into costs differences to see.

... issue started after new baffle. .

issue wasn't there before Baffle replacement ?

Was the Washer Power Cord un-plugged before work was performed ?

It had cropped up months before baffle replacement but not before the replacement/

yes on the unplugged

It had cropped up months before baffle replacement but not before the replacement/

? ? ?

The f5e2 error occurred then disappeared. No reason did it about 5 times. Wife figured out how to make it work. It was not erroring out before I replaced the baffle. But memory not that great since baffle ripped in Sepetember and did not get replacement until mid october. Had another washer so no need to fix this one since location was changing.

Now machine was placed into final location and replaced the baffle. Then got error code. Did check before put the baffle in and did not have code right before replacement was installed.

Sorry fo rthe confusion on this.

I did unplug the unit before disassembly.

thanks