Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

samsung RS267TDBP Refrigerator Defrost Issue + Service manual request

samsung defrost Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no time, work and go to school 24-7. when i do, anything cold.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi, guys I got another samsung SxS with the same type problem as a french door model I had last week. I'm going to try to attach the image I took with my phone. Anyways it accumulates ice build up on the evap line coming into the fridge(fridge side not freezer) and builds up enough to cause it to hit the fan. which in turn stops the fridge from cooling. I defrosted it for them while i ordered some parts but the two big issues I have is:

1. No service manual* and I could not get it to go into a manual defrost

2. Heater, bimetal, and fuse all ohm out as working(about 99.9-101ohms on heater)

I dont like working on samsung but I have a decent customer base due to it and no one else will touch them here.
Defrost issue

*I have ordered a service manual on CD and would like for you guys to put in the stash so others may use it. Of course after I recieve it.

Edited by benzonaruckus, 04 April 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

see PDF page 28
SAM0074.pdf
link PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

RegUS_PatOff- That service manual unfortunately does not apply too much to the model in question. The RS267TDBP has a new style touch display with no push buttons for temp selection(all touch) and I could not get it to defrost like on the push button models. If you have any manuals or suggestions that would be great.

#4 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

maybe this will help? This is the same fridge
Posted Image

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,977 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

You said you tested the bimetal and fuse.....do you mean bimetal/fuse and temp sensor? Typically it's the temp sensor/thermistor part no DA32-00029q that goes bad in this model. Unlike the thermistors in the GE's, these plug into a molex connector and can easily be removed and tested

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 05 April 2012 - 01:53 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Yes I tested both and have ordered that sensor. The bimetal sensor tested good but the -0002Q was questionable so I took it to the shop for better and continuing testing at different temperatures.

As a business owner who do you mainly buy your Samsung parts through? Feel free to pm me

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o52nfx

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,977 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

I stopped repairing Samsung Fridges a few months back. It was a nightmare getting parts. . Life has been blissful since I stopped repairing them. However, just the other week my local parts house said they will start to carry the parts. Now I may not have a legitimate excuse to refuse to work on them......damn.......

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 05 April 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

I dont like working on samsung but I have a decent customer base due to it and no one else will touch them here.

Nice use of the Gallery! :thumbsup:

*I have ordered a service manual on CD and would like for you guys to put in the stash so others may use it. Of course after I recieve it.

Domo, muchacho!

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o52nfx

You may have already seen it, but this forum is Tapatalk-enabled (in addition to having its own built-in mobile theme).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samsung, defrost, Problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics