Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
vudutu

Tappen gas oven 30-2248-23/05172-29254368 slow to heat and low temp

5 posts in this topic

Oh great one, once again I come begging the answers to the universe. I have an older (80s?) Tappen gas stove that will come on, heats slowly and never gets to full heat. I put a reliable thermometer in the oven and set it for 400 and it finally levels off at 300. I have searched and read posts and FAQs as instructed and I believe I need an igniter. My question is with a stove this age is there any other part I should order while I am fixing it?

Oven Igniter

Item #2185 (OEM Part)

$52.55

Igniter kit, gas oven, 2.5 - 3.0 amperage range

Manufacturer Number 5303912586

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... and set it for 400 and it finally levels off at 300.

at that time, does the Ignitor glow, (but the Oven Burner Gas flame doesn't appear) ?

Grand Master, I did not notice, I can check it again, the main symptoms are slow to heat and actual temp lower than set, i.e. set it on 300 it finally gets to 200 or so. I will look.

Remove the oven racks.

Remove the bottom oven base pan.

Remove the flame spreader from over the burner.

Now you can see the ignitor and burner.

Turn the oven on to BAKE.

Does the ignitor glow?

You can place a amp meter over (1) ignitor wire to read amp draw.

If the ignitor glows and amps are correct check the PILOT gas hols on the burner near the ignitor.

Are they corroded or otherwise stopped up?

Does the burner light but then go out quickly?