Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Service manual request: Kitchenaid Ref. KSSC48QTS02 disp motor access

NCARepair

I have a faulty ice dispensor motor and believe on this model I have to remove the front freezer door panel to access the motor. Wanted a service manual to be sure.

Thanks

• Team Samurai

Download from PotLuck Supper to be available very soon,

Available now! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response on the manual. However there is no motor access door on this. This has a user interface that is mounted behind the stainless steel front door panel above the dispenser.. Also from the wpl parts breakdown it appears the door handles are held in from screws behind the panel. No dispenser trim to remove as on traditional ice in door system. Sorry if i wasn't clearer.

Thanks

In Door Ice systems all use this design, access panel is on the inside of the door on the bottom of the liner moulding - you have to get down and look up ward to see it - are you trying to access the auger motor, or the dispenser door mechanism ?

See also this download: http://appliantology.org/files/file/173-whirlpool-refrigeration-update-ud27-advanced-dispenser-system/

• Like 1

Auger motor. I'll recheck for that door when i return with the motor. Still think you have to remove door panel to change user interface though. I will report back with iphone pictures later next week.

... stainless steel front door panel above the dispenser..

... No dispenser trim to remove as on traditional ice in door system.

see PDF page 49

"NOTE: There are two types of water and ice dispensers:

one for doors with panels, and the other for stainless steel trimless doors.

The front panels for each type of door are removed differently.

Refer to step 3 for paneled doors, or step 4 for stainless steel trimless doors,

to remove either type of front panel."

JOB AID 4317326A KAR-11

link PM'd 13 MB

• Like 1

Ok, poop daddy gets the win on this one. Access door was where he said it was. Took 2 minutes to change.

Thanks

• Like 2