Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag, MAH3000AWW, Neptune front load washer, unit is overfilling

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mcmike

Mcmike

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

My Maytag Neptune front load washer, model # MAH3000AWW, recently started overfilling the washing chamber, causing water to flow out the front of the unit via the door. Per the troubleshooting manual provided with the unit, I have checked the water pressure, blown out the air dome hose, and checked the continuity of the pressure switch. I thought that the pressure switch might have been bad, but after replacing the switch the problem has continued. What might be causing the unit to overfill, and what might I check next?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yer in luck buddy...just did battle with this unit at my own home ...same issue.
you said you check the pressure switch and blown out the airdome hose. Good. You also need to rule out the possibility of a hole in the airdome hose.
next remove one of the rear drum baffles and look down into the sump boot area(careful sharp edge)...I found alot of slime and gookus down in there. This also happens to be where the airdome hose connects and a glob of slime was periodically finding its way into the end of my airdome hose, fooling the unit into overfilling...drove me nuts. Clean as much of that crap out as you can and blow it out from the top again.
it is worth mentioning that you need to make sure the water valve is not sticking open. When it is overfilling, unplugging it should make the water stop...if not bad valve.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Also note whether the machine adds water in between uses. I have seen many of these develop a drippy inlet valve and add water very slowly as it just sits
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Take a close look at the main control board, look for overheated components and runs burned on back.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ditto with nickfixit................................... flip control board over, three small traces' that operate the water valves........... ( One trace burnt touching the next one?? )..................I have salvaged these boards by removing the bad part of the trace and 'jumpering ' the trace...componant to componant......................

Some one else had done this before and posted pictures............... ( some where ).....

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

... I am back on the Neptune at the moment. I have gone through and ohmed out all the water valves, switches, etc and second time just to make sure I didn't miss something. No luck yet. But, did take some pictures of the old control board and the damage to the P7 connectors traces (Excuse my quick repair).

40735_1366475936880_1681133316_734519_31

73038_1366478056933_1681133316_734529_16

67429_1366460696499_1681133316_734516_66

72586_1366479536970_1681133316_734532_82

The 3 traces that burned go to wires 7, 9, 15 Hot Water Valve, Cold Water Valve, Timer.
As I said I don't know that I may have caused this as at one point I held down the start button

and rotated the timer trying to get the washer to work
(Doesn't sound like as much of a good idea now as it did then).
But, ohm out the valves. I want to say they were 1020-1030 or so according to my fluke meter.
I looked carefully at the wiring and connector for signs of damaged but don't see anything.
I am a bit lost, I am about to pack the thing up and take it in but I hate being beaten by it.
I can usually fix most things and it kills me not to be able to figure this out. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

http://appliantology...in-but-rotates/

ALSO:
Failed resistor on control board caused by excessive current, due to a faulty component or loose wiring.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Reg is the Man!
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,246 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Part link to the new machine control board ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=MAH3000AWW

#9 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

So ...uhhh....yeah. start with all those things LOL....
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics