Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andersonmilltexas

Kenmore coin op dryer never times out?

13 posts in this topic

It will shut if I open the door. But it will never time out. It appeared to happen right after a surge from the power company.

model Model #11060172002 .

Would anyone have the service manual or has anyone done the repair?

Hate to change out a timer if it is something simpler.

Thank you

Very much

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Wiring Sheet - 8576797.pdf

link PM'd

looks like either bad Timer Motor

OR

bad MicroSwitch "A" on Timer assembly

note diagram insert at top-center of PDF

Z3BqLjFfZ2xfNzM3OTcyL0xQVy9zb3RvaHB0cmFwLw%3d%3d.jpg

It's the timer I'm betting if you take top panel on coinbox off you'll see the timer and you can ohm out two black wires that are connected to timer motor and you'll see it's not advancing! You could also do the timer contact check ,listed on tech sheet in the panel. The only other thing i recall not let cycles advance is in a autodry setting when cycling tstat is bad! Ohm out timer motor!!!

Edited by Derik

The only other thing i recall not let cycles advance is in a autodry setting when cycling tstat is bad! Ohm out timer motor!!!

Derik, this is a coin-op dryer, they do not have an auto-dry cycle. In the coin-ops the timer runs constantly for how many ever minutes it is set for, (changing the colored cam changes how many minutes a cycle is).

RegUS is absolutely correct, it's going to a bad contacts stuck together in switch A or a bad timer motor. One other possibility is if someone that didn't know what they were doing messed with the adjustment screws on the switch contact levers.

If the unit was running when the power surge hit it very well could have fried the timer motor.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

I appreciate your sage wisdom. It is more of a pain in the butt then anything. I bet it was the surge. Losing two appliances in the same day what are the odds?

Hey I guess on a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 6 time and money wise.

I will put the meter to it today.

Thank you

Well, Found a moment to yank the timer assembly.

Resistance is 2800 ohms. This appears correct.

The "A" Micro switch operates.

The only thing I notice unusual was that the motor does not appear to spin freely. I take off the cam and turn the shaft. (I realize that it is geared down, however, when turning the shaft you get resistance then a clunk as if the gear tooth was boken.

I do not have xray eyes and am not familiar with feel of this.

So,

I guess I but a new timer unless anyone has a suggestion? It is only a year and something old with only 100 dry cycles.

Edited by andersonmilltexas

does the Timer Motor run when it's powered, either by the Washer, or externally ?

It's a dryer and have you checked the breakers?or the voltage at the cord?

Voltage 220. Timer hums but cam does not turn.

The gearbox in the timer motor most likely has failed, (plastic gears inside, a damaged tooth or two will hang them up).

If you have 110 volts going to the timer motor and you hear it making a slight humming noise but it never turns then it's a bad timer motor.

Thanks to eveyone. I sawped out the timer and now the world is good again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0