Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking DDSB483DSS Refrigerator Water

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cdr14

cdr14

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I purchased 2nd hand a viking DDSB483DSS Refrigerator.
The unit did not have a water filter on arrival and it took a week to get one from Viking.

I installed the filter, but no water comes out of the dispenser

I have not had it running long enough to see if we get ice yet.
When i push the water dispenser, the light goes on and I hear a solenoid or pump go on, and the water starts to go into the ice maker tub.

Looking for a diagram or explain of how the water system works

This may sound stupid, but, where does the water come from. Meaning I see the actuator, the nozzle etc, what feeds the nozzle and from where does the water line route

thanks
eric

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 cdr14

cdr14

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Quick Update. I did a little troubleshooting and now need an assist..

Water line on Water passing to thru filter .

I disconnected the "OUT" water line at the at the solenoid, when water switch actuated, water exits as it should.

Line then goes somewhere??

There is a line that has a union at the base of the freezer door, If i disconnect, I can blow thru to the dispenser .. Clear .. OK
When I actuate the Dispenser no water enters this line for the door BUT the Ice maker starts to flood and water gets everywhere..

So when water exits the solenoid, where does it go next.. and what actions should be happening ??

How do i further troubleshot this

thanks
eric

#3 cdr14

cdr14

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Update #2 ... Found the manual .. Thanks Guru...

after further troubleshooting discovered that the water actuation switch was wired to the wrong side of the water solenoid..
When the door water was depressed, it flooded the freezer .. Reversed the wiring and it fixed the problem

now lets see if we can make ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics