Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 363.9564725 refridgerator broken plastic connector?

water leak kenmore fridge refridgerator compression fitting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kzlucas

kzlucas

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

My Kenmore fridge leaked a pool of water on my wood floor large enough to soak through the floor saturating the ceiling insulation in the unfinished basement.

I found this plastic tubing end hanging free. It looks like it came loose from it's connection end? Also the plastic tube next to it easily pulls out from the center of it's threaded connection. Should these be able to pull apart that easily or should they be a tight connection? I'm assuming this is a compression fitting? How can I fix this?

thanks

Attached File  photo 1.JPG   108.96KB   14 downloads

Attached File  photo 3.JPG   75.58KB   13 downloads

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,009 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Those are compression fittings and should not pull out easily of the valve. Try removing the fitting, sliding it on the tube, then tighten it on the valve. If still loose, replace fittings. You may be able to find them at lowes home depot or get them from repair clinic (see picture below) . All you need is one 5/16 x 5/16 connector as pictured below. Just take the plastic nuts off and use them on your tubes. Make sure tbe tubing has not become too brittle. This can happen easily due to proximity of a hot compressor.

http://www.repaircli...WR2X8545/298777

Tubing-Coupler-WR2X8545-00913223.jpg

PS From the picture your connections appear to be 5/16 but if one is smaller than the other then you can purchase a 5/16 by 1/4 connector and use the nuts accordingly

Edited by Mrs. Samurai, 12 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics