Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool/kitchenaid control board problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kdp46

kdp46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

if you have been having a problem with repeat boards frying or intermittent control problems then listen here  i have a tale to tell

1. all homes are wired for 110 volt outlets.this is a random number since it can go higher.  problem is  i routinely run into homes with 120-130 volts.  YET ALL BOARDS IN PRODUCTION HAVE A LIMIT OF 125 VOLTS BEFORE THEY DO UGLY THINGS.  if you test the outlet and find voltage at or near 120-124 volts you should not order anything untill this problem is corrected by an electrician..  most of the time it is a bad main neutral line that is causing the problem.

2. all boards are designed to run on dedicated circuts,,  microwaves plugged into refrigerator outlets,,,this will not burn out immediatley but it will in time.  they read each others signals and over time [confuse the crap out of each other] this is also why the duets are running into problems   people have the 220 dryer outlets feeding the 110 for the washer  :yikes: NO!!!!!!  it is very bad for the system. oh yeah voids any warrenty!!!!!!! 

on a lighter note there is a plugin outlet tester availble for $4.00 that will save you calls.  at least 10 percent of the electrical problems i find in appliances are from polarity hooked up wrong....this tester is mandatory for my techs  

hope this helps someone

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_Kekaha_*

Lurker_Kekaha_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the tip.  My husband is an electronics technician and network guy--so has all the testing tools.  My Kitcheaid Stove just blew its thermostate fuse after a self-clean cycle.  Will definitely check the power at the wall outlet and at the box.  This is the second time this has happened.  We also have "dirty power" here although Kauai Island Utility Co-op denies it vehemently.  All the computer techs we know who have tested power sources know the power fluctuates more than it should--so maybe with all the electronic gizmos in the house we should start looking at some sort of whole house power supply regulator??!!!  PS We average around .32 cents per KWH (with fuel surcharge and office fees etc. etc.)

#3 kdp46

kdp46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:37 PM

ah ha   but if the t stat continues to blow it will  not be the voltage problem but the location of the fuse in the control panel...kitchenaid sent a pointer out to relocate the fuse since it trips when oven heats or goes through self clean....  depending on model good luck 

#4 kdp46

kdp46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:33 PM

surging voltage can be caused by a bad nuetral wire coming into main feed at box outside,,if voltage at outlets exceed 123-125 volts or 220 lines exceed 250 volts than it is 99 percent a main neutral problem :poison:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics