Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

It's the simple things in life....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Many times I've performed some extensive testing on fridges, using all sorts of technical tools, applying all kinds of appliantological wizardry while espousing jargon that would make Stephen Hawking blush, just to be foiled by the simplest things. Last week was a prime example. After conquering a problem several other companies weren't able to accomplish, it took me an embarrassingly long period of time to put the shelves back in the fridge. I always take them out and set them aside in order. This time, after going to my truck for a tool, the customer decided this was the best time to wash and disassemble all of the shelves. Didn't have the Product manual with me, did not take any pictures before I removed them, nor could I find a tool in my fancy bag that could help....and I dug really deep.

Like trying to solve some overgrown Rubic's cube from hell, the customer and I moved, rotated, spun, flipped and twirled an endless array of shelves, baskets, escutcheons, brackets, axles, master cylinders and whatchamacallits for seemingly hours. Then... finally! uh.. well....no...not that we finally figured it out, but finally settled on a workable solution.

The simple things. The next person to tell me to enjoy the simple things in life may receive a few simple four letter words.

ps but then again I was never good at geometry and could never understand peoples problem with the square hole round peg thing.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 17 April 2012 - 04:00 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

let me guess....it was a Samsung Frige ???
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

let me guess....it was a Samsung Frige ???

lol spot on! stopped doing Samsungs but decided fo take on one more...foolish me. Sounds like some expereince talking there. Sensei.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics