Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool duet washer mod# wfw9250ww01

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,080 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Whirlpool duet washer wfw9250ww01 is giving error code f1, e1. Have replaced the ccu with new one purchased from RepairClinic. I get the click from ccu when its first plugged in. I have done the diagnostic test and at the end the f1,e1 comes back and the machine just beeps. Tried the unplugging the plug and reconnecting it, same issue once the start button is pressed. Checked to make sure all the green grounds are good. All connections going to new CCU are good. How can I get rid of the f1,e1 error? Thanks in advance

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

You know, reading thru the tech sheet for this model, this error reminds me of the infamous F28 with the older Duet Sports:

- Make sure all green wires (ground harness system) are not broken or detached.
- Make sure the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.
- Make sure all connectors are fully seated.

Brother Willie had enlightened us on this in an encounter he had with one of these:

When doing the initial test the machine was sitting on a concrete walkway and I was only doing the drain/spin cycle for some quick test and after bypassing the front grounding switch since that panel was off I ran it and it ran fine thru a couple of drain/spin cycles without getting the F28 error so thought whoever had it and tested didn't know this and it was all ok.

The next time I went to work on it, I put a cardboard sheet under the washer before setting it in place so I could check for any leaks. Plugged it in and tested and kept getting the F28 error again.

The extension cord that I was using to power the machine had the ground plug broken off of it and when the machine was sitting directly on the concrete, (the feet are missing), it must have been grounding directly to earth. Replaced the extension cord with one with the ground intact and machine has gone thru all cycles at least once without F28 error coming back again.

After having it working fine with the grounded extension cord I disconnected the ground wire right at the power cord where it connects to the line filter and immediately got the F28 error again, reattached ground and all worked again.

So long story short, make sure you have all the access panels on and that all the ground switches, (one in front and one in back), are working correctly and that your ground is good at the wall socket, check the grounding wire from each ground switch to the motor/motor control board/rear pulley hub area and heater if yours has a heater.

So I'm wondering if this F1E1 is an F28 from anotha motha. IOW, make sure all the panels are in place, the ground switches are working, and that you're connecting this to a power supply with a valid ground.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

... to a power supply with a valid ground.

... and polarity

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have gone through all that was mentioned in the 2 previous post and everything checks out. Everything is grounded properly. Ran through the diagnostic test again, F1, E1 came up again. Tried the test to clear all old codes but as soon as start button is pushed the F1, E1 comes back.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I still have the issue with the f1 e1 on the whirlpool duet mod wfw9250ww01. I've tried everything, I'm at a loss. If anyone has any input to help this cause it is welcomed.

#6 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

The F1 E1 error is a checksum error.

The MAIN BOARD is still at fault.

Checksum errors are "fatal errors".

The MAIN BOARD cannot verify internal data. (similar to being disoriented/confused)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Domo for that reply, John! So he still has a bad CCU? Got a bad one off the shelf?

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thanks John for the help. I will return the CCU and wait for another one to arrive to the shop. Will post the results, again many thanks!

#9 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

<<<So he still has a bad CCU? Got a bad one off the shelf?>>>

Possibly.

If I were an authorized Whirlpool servicer I'd be doing the following...

1) Contacting Tech Center for possible updates on problems with replacement inventory (parts)

2) Request a check for any as-yet-unpublished SERVICE BULLETINS relating to the F1 E1 error.

3) Inquire as to---what other faulty component *could* cause the Checksum Error in the MAIN BOARD (if any).

Edited by john63, 20 April 2012 - 11:02 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Whirlpool Duet washer F1E1 error

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 20 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

If you're getting the f1e1 error code even after replacing the CCU, it means the CCU is (still) bad. Professor of Appliantology john63 gives us the poop on this one:

The F1 E1 error is a checksum error.

The MAIN...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics