Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F2E1 error on KitchenAid Oven KEBI141DWH7

F2E1 KitchenAid Oven

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Short version:
I'm getting an F2E1 error on my oven. The tech sheet doesn't even list that error! The tech sheet shows only two possible errors beginning with F2:
  • F2E0: Keypad not connected
  • F2E3: Key held down too long, or key is shorted.
I've tried swapping out both the keypad panel and the control board, but neither helped.

Suggestions? It's a 12-year-old oven, and maybe it's just time to buy a new one?

Long version:
I had two almost identical ovens. This 24-inch KEBI141DWH7, and a 30-inch KEBI101DWH7. Except for the size, they seemed to be identical.

Some of the buttons on the 30-inch didn't work, but most of them did, and since a new panel was $600, we decided to live with it.

One of the buttons that didn't work was the Clean button, and we (by which I mean "my wife") wanted to use that feature. "Aha," I say to myself, "I'll just take the panel from the 24-inch oven, connect it to the 30-inch, press clean, and then put everything back. But I forgot to shut the power off on the 24-inch when I removed the panel. I may have friend something.

I connected the panel to the 30-inch, pressed clean, then disconnected it (again with the power on), and re-connected the 30-inch panel. It cleaned itself, and continued to work.

But when I reconnected the panel to the 24-inch, most of the buttons didn't work. One of the buttons made the "convection" icon show up, which I knew was a bad sign since this oven doesn't have convection! And then, after a minute, I got the dreaded F2E1 error.

This time I shut the power down to both ovens, and tried moving first the control board, and then the panel, but I still got the same errors.

Any suggestions?
Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,432 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

All this because of a self clean button? shhhh don't let others hear that. Self cleaning is universally condemned around here. Anyhow, my advice may not be what you want to hear, but getting the keypad for either model may be challenging. So even if you repaired or got a new board, you have an oven that is becoming obsolete with regards to one very necessary part. Putting more money in it would be a gamble so I'm afraid It's Kenny Time....

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Self Clean? Really? Haven't we already discussed replacing one of these ovens previously? Moving all those parts around with the oven energized was not a great idea. I second CMA Durham on replacing parts on ovens pretty much made obsolete at this point. I can never sell single oven without convection board rebuilds, unless theres some very strong extra circumstances.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

... The tech sheet doesn't even list that error!

newer (?) Tech Sheet

F2 E1 Keypad keytail not connected
1. Check keypad connector for firm connection.
2. Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 sec., replace keypad.
3. Replace control.

Tech Sheet - 4452023.pdf
link PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 steveklein

steveklein

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Self Clean? Really? Haven't we already discussed replacing one of these ovens previously?

Yes, I replaced the 30-inch with a KitchenAid KEBS107SWH, which my wife loves. Unfortunately, they don't offer an equivalent 24-inch model. In fact, I'm discovering that many manufacturers don't even make 24-inch ovens. KitchenAid has only 1, and it's an older model that looks just like the 12-year-old one that just died.

I agree that a 12-year-old oven doesn't owe me anything. So I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and find something that fits.

To everyone here who has helped me out, please accept my thanks.
Steven Klein
Mac, PC & Network Expert

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

... I'm discovering that many manufacturers don't even make 24-inch ovens. KitchenAid has only 1,

:whistling: http://www.ajmadison...7281 4294967279

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F2E1, KitchenAid, Oven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics