Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samsung Refrigerator RFG297HDWP/XAA Icemaker not working

5 posts in this topic

Howdy guys, it's my turn to ax a question!

Got a customer with a Samsung RFG297HDWP/XAA refrigerator and the ice maker isn't working.

I've not been out on this one yet so haven't checked the usual things: freezer temperature and water inlet valve.

Also, how to run the ice maker thru a manual harvest cycle?

Domo for any help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

from scouring the internet ice maker part DA97-07365A has a test\reset button on it that will initiate harvest. Other samsung ice makers have a button on the bottom that initiates harvest but different part no for the ice maker. With your particular Ice maker there is also a button based on the following from a thread :that although references a GE Fridge, it uses the same ice maker as the model you will be repairing

I have A GE Profile frige (PFSS9PKYASS) with a Samsung ice maker (DA97-07365A).

After replacing the water filter, the ice maker made very very large cubes and the pressure from the in-door water dispenser increased. Now the ice maker will not work (cycle) automatically. It will work only when I push the reset button. The maker will cycle, dropping the ice and then refill. when the maker refills a "ding-dong" tone sounds (error code?). Then, as stated above, the ice maker will not drop ice unless I push the reset button. I have removed the ice maker from the refrigerator for several hours (hoping to reset it) but upon reinstalling it, the same continues. I have also shut off power for 10-15 min. but it's just like pushing the reset button. I

Edited by DurhamAppliance

This ice maker fails frequently...I stock it.

I dont have a schematic but power in and no cycle....IM bad

img1.gif

Awesome info, Durham and appltech! :thumbsup::dazzler: Mucho domos, dudes!

Going out on this one Tuesday, will post findings.

Dang, forgot to post followup!  Turned out the icemaker was jammed-- the cubby was jammed with ice preventing the icemaker from cycling.  Cleared the jam and rocked on!    :rocker: