Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Microwave GE ZVM1540LN1CS fuse keeps blowing

GE microwave fuse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randymarcell

randymarcell

Samanera

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

A friend thinks there was aluminum in his food container. Last week his new ( < 1year) microwave stopped working. Yesterday, I checked and replaced the fuse 20A 250V. The display, lights and fan came on. When checking for heat using the popcorn button, the fuse immediately blew. I did not replace the fuse because of suspicion of another problem.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

need to check yer door switches...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 Brooke Falconer

Brooke Falconer

IkkĊ-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heif

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Yep, check all three. It will be one of them.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

new ( < 1year) microwave stopped working.

Not finding this model number. Is this an OTR (over the range)? If so -- Should be in warranty.
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

If you do call for warranty service, do not mention the aluminum plate... if you do, collect call...
It is never a bad thing to leave it to the professionals. Inexperience can lead to more damage or risk of injury. You can always call A&E Factory Service (1-800-905-9505), Sears(1-800-469-4663), or local service man you can trust (servicemagic.com).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics