Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore 110.49962600 (F70) error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 applveng

applveng

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

According to the tech manual, an f70 is a miscommunication somewhere between user interface and ccu (mounted on right side).
According to tech sheet, the solution is user interface needs replaced if drum is moving, ccu if not. My drum goes through wash cycle so it rotates then. however, once it gets to drain and spin, it doesnt do anything (or drain), it hesitates for a couple minutes then spits out the code (F70), so drum doesnt move in this cycle. so im not sure what would be considered as "drum not rotating" in this case since it does spin during wash cycle, but not drain/spin cycle . however, if you put it through the diagnostics (you know, drain/spin-no spin-prewash multiple times, then c0-c9), it will complete the diagnostics without a problem and also drain and spin full speed. i tried doing a regular wash with both an empty drum and full drum, and same thing...gets to drain/spin and leaves water and spits out code. seems pump or motor wouldnt be a prob if it works no prob during diagnostics. no code spits out ever during diagnostics.

i checked pump filter, its clean. i checked continuity between connector to connector of ccu to user interface and ccu to mcu. all good. i saw some advice on here where someone said remove the pink wires from the mcu, and if it spits out a F28, its the mcu. well i did just that, and it did just that-spit it out. thought i had it solved, but before spending money i thought id check the tech sheet for a f28. it said f28 is miscommunication to the mcu which is obvious if wires arent plugged into it. so back to square one. i heard mcu is usually the culprit, but stuck as it could be anything at this point it sounds.

Any advice? Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I want to split this one into two parts: the F70 and the no-drain. 

No-drain: 

Remove the drain hose from the pump and blow thru it. Should clear and initial slug of water and then it should blow free. 

Measure voltage at the pump wires (with the pump still connected) when the pump should be draining. Of you get 120vac and the drain hose is clear, then either the pump is bad or there's a blockage in the suction side of the pump. 

F70:

Do the MCU test procedure described on this page ==> http://fixitnow.com/wp/2010/08/16/whirlpool-duet-sport-washer-testing-and-replacing-the-motor-control-unit-mcu/

Report. 

#3 applveng

applveng

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Thank you Samarai for taking the time for my prob; however, I have looked at that MCU diagnostic test already you posted with someone else. The problem with that is in it, it assumes the F70 spits out at the very beginning of the cycle, then with the blue wires pulled it acts like it is gonna work determining a bad MCU. However, in my case the F70 doesnt spit out right away. It goes through fill and wash fine, then at the spin/drain cycle it spits it out, so not sure that test would prove anything (in my case anyway)-as mine already starts fine as is. Maybe there is something im missing in the test or something else i can try?

I can try the pump cleaning thing and pump wire voltage test but i havent gone that route yet in the past because it works perfectly fine during self-diagnostics test (c0-c9), so i dont know why it would then, but not in regular cycle if the pump was bad or clogged. ive tried both many times (diag. and regular) and it is consistently the same thing. The F70 spits out at the beginning point of drain/spin-doesnt do either one (drain or spin), spits out the code instead (only in regular, diagnostics both drain and spin work). I will try this test still though-maybe it is related to the F70 somehow (just dont get why diagnostics is fine, but regular its not)-in the meantime any other suggestions i might try as well?

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics