Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Dishwasher 66516973200 Blows Fuses

kenmore dishwasher 66516973200 fuse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tking1375

tking1375

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:corona-rita

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

The dishwasher wouldn't start so I put a new fuse (Part Number 8193762), and it started up again, but blew the new fuse already during the first load. Could it be the control board (hopefully not!!) be causing this?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Someone, not naming any names, did not follow the instructions and use the wiring harness that came with the kit. :whistling:

Part link to the thermal fuse kit ==> http://www.repaircli.../8193762/959376

#3 tking1375

tking1375

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Oh, OK, thank you. I saw the wiring harness with the fuse but I thought it was just for use in special situations, because the old terminals fit so well. If you don't mind, could you possibly explain why the fuse blew and why it is necessary to replace the harness?

#4 tking1375

tking1375

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

OK, so, does that extra wiring cause the fuse to conduct less heat even though the fuse is mounted on the control board as shown in the repair clinic video? I must be missing something about what the new wiring harness is doing. Thanks for your help.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

The purpose of the new wiring harness is to eliminate the loose electrical connections that overheated and caused the fuse to go out in the first place. Additional lengths of wire are included in anticipation that several inches of the existing wire may be charred and unusable and may need to be removed and replaced with new wire. Get the new kit and follow the instructions to the letter this time and all will be well with your world ==> http://www.repaircli.../8193762/959376

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

The key is the actual terminals - and corrosion etc that develops inside them is not addressed if you don't change the wires. The fuse itself can open due to ambient heat or the actual current it is carrying - if you replace all of the parts in the kit you have at least eliminated the heat of the loose/corroded terminals as the cause.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 tking1375

tking1375

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, I admit I did not realize this and really appreciate everyone enlightening me. I always like to know why I screwed up in detail. ;) Domos!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kenmore, dishwasher, 66516973200, fuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics