Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG WM2455HG Front Load Washer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gdoggy

gdoggy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'm having a few intermittent problems with my LG front loader. First the history of problems/repairs - really minor. I had the display assembly replaced under warranty about 1.5 years ago due to a garbled display. Since then no issues until now. I noticed a few times during cycles that the countdown display would be blank. The cycles would all complete normally even with no display. I don't watch the washer so I'm not sure how often it occurs. Since it hasn't affected the functioning, I've ignored it.

Now for the current issue.... I've noticed a few times that during the speed wash specifically that the countdown timer starts at 20 minutes, but it seems to be doing unnecessary agitating and spinning so I checked on it. The display would be stuck at 7 minutes remaining and stays like that for quite some time. Eventually after about 30 minutes of what I would consider excessive spinning it would just do the completion tone and turn off. All appears normal as far as the clothes being clean, no detergent or softener left in the cups, etc. Is this normal, or is something wrong?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

<<< I noticed a few times during cycles that the countdown display would be blank.>>>

Possibly a failed DISPLAY BOARD.

http://www.repaircli...6870701/1369223

Verify first---that the plug connections *behind* the jog dial are not loose or that the wires are not chaffed.

To access these wires---unplug the washer and remove the top cover (of the washer).

<<< I've noticed a few times that during the speed wash specifically that the countdown timer starts at 20 minutes, but it seems to be doing unnecessary agitating and spinning so I checked on it. The display would be stuck at 7 minutes remaining and stays like that for quite some time.>>>

Usually caused by one or both of the following...

1) incorrect type or amount of detergent used. Excessive suds---can enter the AIR BELL at the rear of the washer. The WATER LEVEL SENSOR "thinks" that there's still water remaining in the tub---causing extended DRAIN MOTOR run time and delayed spin cycle (or aborted altogether).
Also---during any *rinse cycle* (about the middle of any cycle)---if suds is detected via the motor sensor---an LG washer will enter a software program called: "SUDS KILL MODE".
During "suds-kill" the display clock will stall/stop counting-down until the triggered suds-kill-program ends (about 30 minutes).
After which---the count-down clocks resumes.

2) Washer on weak wood floor or not leveled properly.
Add a single towel to the tub (to mimic an imbalanced condition)
Power on
Select the SPIN SPEED to "Extra High"
Press the START/PAUSE button
Wait until the *Time Remaining* displays "7"
Place a finger at each of the front leveled legs of the washer---as the tub begins to ramp-up to high speed---determine which of the front legs is beginning to "hop" off the floor.
Use the LG wrench (that is provided with each new washer) or an adjustable pliers tool to turn/level the washer leg until the "hopping/vibration" is minimized or stopped altogether---usually requires a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn.
Lock both leveling legs to prevent misalignment later.

Edited by john63, 29 April 2012 - 05:29 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Countdown display on an LG front load washer goes blank

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 04 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

<<< I noticed a few times during cycles that the countdown display would be blank.>>>

Possibly a failed DISPLAY...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics