Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rmccline2

jenn air downdraft range error codes EE-214 M-214

6 posts in this topic

I have a jenn air range that won't respond to front panel commands. Only displays time and two error codes.

Model JGS9900BDS.

error codes EE-214 M-214

post-70381-0-48700100-1335809148_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Has this Range worked OK for you up till now at this location ?

Have you recently used Self-Clean ?

This unit worked in location for two years. Would sometimes lock up requiring power cycle.

Self clean has most likely never been done.

I got the manual.

the manual shows that the control board needs pins 1 and 10 shorted by control panel to detect its presence.

Also many buttons on control panel don't ohm out.

new control panel fixed it.

This is a fault code that never made it to the tech sheet. Faulty Touch Pad is the cure. I have it written in pen on my fault sheet so it has to be correct!!

FYI for our staff, that clock is in the wall oven line as well. Same thing will apply to any unit that uses that ATM style control. It is not in any publication.

2 people like this

This is a fault code that never made it to the tech sheet. Faulty Touch Pad is the cure. I have it written in pen on my fault sheet so it has to be correct!!

FYI for our staff, that clock is in the wall oven line as well. Same thing will apply to any unit that uses that ATM style control. It is not in any publication.

Just went out and found a unresponsive key pad, ordered parts, but was being nagged by this unknown fault code.  Good to know my diagnosis is aligning with the fault code!