Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Cabrio WTW6200SW2 - looking for leak

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Volkman

The Volkman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anchor Porter

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Washer started leaking, very little at first, now more so. Took a look underneath and pumps and hoses looked ok. Only the center area on the hub was wet. Not sure where it's coming from. Doesn't look like that much could get through if it's coming through the center of the hub.

Posted Image

if it is coming from here, what needs to be replaced?

Posted Image

I put it all back together and removed the agitator and all the center stuff in the tub, cleaned out what dirt and build-up I found, put it back together, still getting leaking. Now after several more leaky loads I got the F 51 error. I ran all the diagnostic tests from the diagnostic guide I found inside the cabinet and it passed them all without issue. Put clothes back in the machine and F51 again. My next step is to reseat the harness for the RPS hoping I just loosened it in my meddlings, but I still need to find the source of the leak.

Any ideas? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I've seen many cases where the large nut is loose and causes F51, but it looks like a leak through the tub seal above the bearings to me... not a good thing. Do bearings make noise when it spins, a clicking or roaring noise? It'll F51 due to bearing drag.

I've done many of these bearing jobs on 2-3 yr machines. If water has been passing the seal into bearings, they will fail sooner than later as water washes bearing lube out. The lube and water mix is a nasty black mess coming out around the shaft, when I see that I do the bearings. Kit comes with bearings, shaft, and seal. Instructions are included. You'll need the special tool for best results. It is not a bad job, but it'll take some time the 1st attempt. There are "how to" guides online and here also.

Bearing kit

Special tool

Edited by delawaredrew, 30 April 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#3 The Volkman

The Volkman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Actually, it is really noisy when it spins, don't know when it started, seems like it's been that way forever. When I was underneath and found the wet area, it was indeed a "nasty black mess". Thanks for the help. I'll review the bearing replacement procedure and decide if it's something I want to tackle.

Cheers!

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

http://appliantology...-replace-guide/

You can also replace the tub which comes with seal/bearings pre-installed

http://www.repaircli...mber=WTW6200SW2

Outer-Tub-W10193886-01187381.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 The Volkman

The Volkman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, considered that, but at half the price I went with just the bearing replacement. Repairclinic.com had a week or so to get parts in stock, so I went to my local parts store and they got it in a day for less than what other online parts places had them for. (Repairclinic was the best deal though.) Gots lots of laundry piling up so I ponyed up the extra $30 so I can git washin'!

Saw the Whirlpool service video and it looks pretty darn easy - easier then replacing the tub - so wish me luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics