Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

How to know which repair manual you need...

ApplianceMagic

I have a crap load of repair manuals on the computer but I never know which I need. How do you guys know? Is there a site I can go to that will give me the part number of the manual or something to go on? I just have manuals with a very brief description and sometimes some numbers but they don't mean anything to me. Help PLEASE!!

Thanks.

Jason

the repair manuals should include model numbers or at least a description of the appliance model

• Like 1

When I download a manual I retitle it before it's saved. That way you can arrange them by brand, type and model #. Depending on how many manuals you have, you should be done "retitling" by the 4th of july

• Like 1

to search trough all PDF's

using Adobe Reader

FIND drop-down-box

Open Full Reader Search

• Like 2

I've seen repair manuals with 10 or more model numbers. Of course I could go through each one and somehow label it with a model number. I guess my question is, when I ask for a manual here on this board, you guys, normally Reg, has it for me almost immediately. How do you do it?

Sometimes I can go to a site like repairclinic.com and go to manuals and it has the part # of the manual needed. That helps a lot. But most of the time that's not the case.

I hate to come here and ask for a manual I already have but just cannot find.

I'd like to help others but I simply do not have a system in place to know what manual goes with what product.

Many manuals, for example, would say something like 30" Kenmore Range. Well how many 30" Kenmore Ranges have been made in the past hundred years? (For example)

Just trying to figure out what system works for you.

Thanks again.

SearsPartsDirect.com lists tech sheet number for entered model number

OR

my cross-reference for Kenmore / Maytag / Whirlpool is is servicematters.com (subscription site)

• Like 2