Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bob_ross

Maytag LAT9304AAE Fill up with correct water amount and does nothing

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a Maytag LAT9304AAE washer. It fills up with water and just stops. I turn the dial and nothing happens, I have to take the water out manually. The strange part is that when I put small or large it fills the correct amount. Small load it just stop after only a little amout of water but large load fill up all thye way and stops.

Is this an easy fix or do I need to call someone?

After I empty the watrer it will fill again.

Thanks for any help!

Bob

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hi Senpai,

Thank you for the reply. Is that for sure? Is that something I could install myself? I have a decent amount of tools and build computers but never really work on appliances.

I really doubt that the pressure switch is the problem. This is one of the last good old Genuine Dependable Care 2-belt Maytag machines that has the two switches in the lid switch assembly, the check switch is the one that usually fails.

Complete lid switch assembly with new fuse: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/22001682/1468

Lid-Switch-Assembly-22001682-00907799.jpg

Check switch only: 207166 http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/207166/1800

Lid-Switch-Assembly-207166--00875877.jpg

Main lid switch replacement: 279347 http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/279347/3406

Door-Switch-279347-00928733.jpg

My washing machine is fixed thanks to Sensei! :rocker:

It was the check switch! Get this, I build arcade machines and those are standard cherry switches that all arcade buttons use - I had a ton of them laying around. What are the chances?! Took all of 2 minutes to fix.

Thank you so much! :banana:

The Willie Method

Please upgrade Sensei to Grand Master! Or :ninja::D

:imnotworthy:

My preferred method is to eliminate the check switch then you still have the main switch so machine is still safe and you don't have the problem of the check switch failing and causing problems.

The original dependable care Maytag's never had the check switch and fuse, just the one main lid switch and you hardly ever had a problem with just the single switch.

To take the check switch out of the circuit just requires removing the white wire and taping it with electrical tape so it can't short back to the rest of the wiring loom, then connect the other two wires remaining on the check switch together, no more problems with that flaky check switch failing and machine is still totally safe, (won't operate with lid up).

The only real purpose of the check switch is so if the main switch contacts weld together, making the machine able to operate with the lid open then the check switch will short line to neutral thru the 1 amp fuse and immediately blow the fuse. Other than that it's just an extra added nascence/problem area on an otherwise excellent machine.

Good to know, thank you!