Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Side by side not making ice 10656539400

Model Number: 106.56539400

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 candyman

candyman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

A couple days ago it stopped making ice. I had the spout freeze up before so I took a hairdryer to it even though I couldn't feel any ice in there. That didn't do the trick so I removed the ice maker and found that it was full of ice but wasn't ejecting. I melted the ice. I believe the fingers were pointing to the front of the freezer when I started and they are now pointing down. I replaced the icemaker and still get nothing. I checked the LED light based on what I had read online. When I open the door it flashes twice between each pause. When I hold the flap down it stays on steady. I left it overnight hoping for a miracle but no luck.

I figured that the fingers weren't supposed to be pointing down as they would freeze in the middle of the cubes so I removed the cover on the left side and found the wheel that states "do not turn manually". I removed that plate and then removed the motor. I turned the mechanism until the 2 pieces clicked together assuming that would be the end of a cycle. I put it all back together and reinstalled it in the freezer. Shortly after that the fingers started rotating and just kept turning. Still no water went into the ice maker. I thought maybe the freezer wasn't cold enough since I had the door open for a while so I left it overnight. the next morning it was no longer rotating and still no water going into the tray. I manually filled it with water which of course froze but never ejected.

Last night I removed the ice maker again, letting it thaw overnight. I put it back in this morning and it started rotating again but still no water.

Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 candyman

candyman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think I may have found the problem. When looking at the inside of the control module there is a smaller white piece that has 40611-12B stamped on it. Is there supposed to be a piece sticking down that makes contact with the metal strip underneath it? It looks like something may be broken off but I can't find any pictures that show a side angle of that piece. What is the purpose of that piece?

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Sounds like you're in for a new icemaker

http://www.repaircli...er=106.56539400

Ice-Maker-Assembly-2198597-00878090.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 candyman

candyman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

The whole thing or just the control module?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Don't mess around with just replacing the module-- you don't save that much money but you sure do save a lot of headache and second-guessing down the road.

#6 candyman

candyman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

Ordered a brand new ice maker and still have the same problems. Putting the jumper in does not start a cycle and no water goes into the ice maker. I tried testing the voltage between T and N and it shows nothing. I removed the ice maker and tested all four wires (wasn't sure which one it would be) and registered nothing. The part that confuses me is that during my toubleshooting before it did cycle a few times. Should I see the voltage from the plug that the ice maker connects to?

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

You should have 120 vac yes, between black and white wires - door switches must be closed.

Moron that here: http://fixitnow.com/...ice-idi-system/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

You are going to have to replace the electronic control for the icemaker. Kit comes with emitter and receiver boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics