Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Washer Mod#GHW9250MW2 FDL error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

This unit has the FDL error code. Tech sheet says its a door lock issue. Washer wont lock door but after about 2 hour of being unplugged it will, then it will start washing. Then if you pause cycle and then try to restart wash the board will click and click (the CCU in Back) and will give the FDL error code over and over? The door lock is new. Do ineed a new CCU?

Help!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

How long ago was the door lock replaced?

If the door lock itself isn't bad, then these F/dl's are usually caused by a flakey wiring connection. Lotta this going on in all Whirlpool products lately, laundry and refrigeration. Undo/redo all wiring connections at the door latch and from the door harness to the CCU. Clean the connections. Reposition the door latch, even a little itty bit can make all the difference. If the door is tweaked, it can stop actuating the door latch properly.

I have been able to stop the F/DL code by unplugging the DL3 connector from the CCU (machine control board) and spread the terminals inside the connector for a tighter fit.

If all that checks out, then, in my experience, it has been a bad CCU. And to just make sure, when you start it, and you here the faint, "click click...click click...click click...click click...beep f/dl", turn the washer off then back on again, and with the palm of your hand, "pop" the back center top and the support frame, if it runs by locking, then get the CCU.

#3 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

The door lock was replaced yesterday. When you say CCU, do you mean the board that is down low beneath the tub? Or the board that is above tub and lays flat? Because the board that is above tub in back laying flat is where the clicking is coming from (the CCU). And when it gives error code and i unplug it then plug it back in it will show time, start clicking form that board, and after 5 or six clicks give the FDL error.

This is the CCU

http://www.repaircli...mber=GHW9250MW2

This is the MCU

http://www.repaircli...mber=GHW9250MW2

I hear clicking from the CCU.

BTW, all the wiring looks good on this unit. Which is the DL3 connector?

Edited by deezus, 04 May 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

When you say CCU, do you mean the board that is down low beneath the tub? Or the board that is above tub and lays flat? Because the board that is above tub in back laying flat is where the clicking is coming from (the CCU).

Undo/redo all wiring connections at the door latch and from the door harness to the CCU.

I said what I mean, and I meaned what I said! :blinky:

all the wiring looks good on this unit. Which is the DL3 connector?

Looks can be deceiving and usually are with electrical stuff. Best thing to to is to do what I said (disconnect/reconnect/tighten terminals) without presuming you can tell what's going on by appearances... because you can't.

As for location of harness connectors on the CCU, refer to the purdy pitchers in the service manual ==> http://appliantology...ol-duet-washer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics